Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/11/2002 8:23:54 AM EDT
Trying to determine what parts to buy to build up an M4.

Leaning towards Colt... because of the history... quality... and resale value.

Definitly want a Colt mil-spec upper. (sans bayo lug and with welded FS of course. :-)

What are the differences between post-ban lowers?

I've heard something about Colt's not having mil spec tooling... trigger group pins or something like that?

I don't want something that would not be compatible with common parts... or something that is out of mil spec. Going for authenticy...

Can someone elaborate on the differences... and mabye rate the quality of the two?

Also... any idea of prices and places to buy a Colt reciever? I had heard around $200 stripped.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:42:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Sadly, Colt lowers will use non-standard trigger pins, and possibly front take down pins. They will also has the Colt sear block.

Rock River will use all standard parts and pins. As will almost any other lower from a quality manufacturer. I am also pretty sure Colt doesnt sell lowers only. So I'm not sure you'll find a stripped one. Rock River's stripped lowers are going for as low as $110 at the moment.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#2]
What new-arguy said!

Do the RRA lower and be HAPPY! I'm about to do a RRA M4 myself.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:05:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Me too.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:28:39 AM EDT
[#4]
resale would be the ONLY reason to buy a colt lower. and not enough reason for a shooter IMHO.
the "colt only" bigots make me chuckle.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#5]
(sans bayo lug and with welded FS of course. :-)

i hate nit-pickers, but- you mean kkf, wilson, or egw comp- right?

Link Posted: 10/11/2002 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
(sans bayo lug and with welded FS of course. :-)

i hate nit-pickers, but- you mean kkf, wilson, or egw comp- right? hr

But of course.  
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top