Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/26/2002 10:57:32 AM EDT
Heading out the door right now to get my Pre-Ban AR15.  :)  Ill get more info and pics as soon as I can. WOOOHOOO!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 12:46:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Congrats!  You'll love it, I'm sure.  Tell us all about it when you get the chance.

I remember my first...it's like a disease...
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:11:26 PM EDT
[#2]
You suck.  I'm still saving my pennies for a preban.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 1:25:04 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I have three... neener neener neener

Sorry... I couldn't resist. I actually don't own a single post-ban. I need to save my moola and get a preban A2 or A3 in 20" since all I have are carbines and then I need another preban lower to slap that 9mm upper I have. Then I'd like a postban M4 and a postban 20" and a spare varmit upper and that should be good.

But lately I am actually thinking of selling some of my collection and finding a way to get an M16 Registered Receiver. WA doesn't allow them so I have to figure out some other options like forming a corporation in another state.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 5:20:59 PM EDT
[#4]
OK, I got it. Damn this is fun. And Loud to. Ahh well. Im happy. Its a 16" with a Hogue grip and also a houge front barrel grip. Collabsible stock, bayonnet thingy and flash thing. (I like saying thing ok :P ) I added an adapter for a Wever site rail and added a Weaver Fixed 6X scope. (Got it cheap) and 2 30rnd mags and 1 20rnd.
Link Posted: 9/26/2002 7:45:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, come on man, you're holding back on the main info!

Colt? Bushmaster? Oly? What is it for cryin' out loud?

I have two, a Colt and an Oly. They are addictive
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 1:14:32 AM EDT
[#6]
OK, after looking around on the gun I see its a Rock River Arms.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 2:58:30 AM EDT
[#7]
And ill say this to. It kicks ALOT more than I thought it would.  :)
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope Im not giving you wrong info , but if your lower says it's a Rock River , I think you was sold a Bogus Preban.I didn't think RRA was even a company in 1994.If Im wrong someone please correct me. What Im trying to say someone has sold you a rifle that is illegal to BATF regs. You should get your money back  or at least take the upper off till you can find someone selling a True preban lower.I take it you read Rock River off the lower.Its the lower that matters to the BATF as far as what legal upper you can have on it.Im not trying to be a party pooper. Just don't want you to get introuble or ripped off by buying a non preban at jacked up preban prices.If Im wrong I apologise. War Dawg
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#9]
WarDawg is right.  No such thing as a preban Rock River Arms reciever.  On that reciever, you bayo lug and flash hider are illegal, also the collapsible stock if you have one.

You need to take it back to where you purchased it and get your money back.  An RRA should cost you anywhere between $675-800 or so.  A preban should cost you $1000-2000.  How much did you pay?
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:03:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh no!  Shadowblade and Wardawg are correct.  There's no such thing as a preban RRA receiver.  You need to take that weapon back to the shop and get your money back.  Tell them they sold you a weapon in an illegal configuration.  If you have to, call RRA so they can prove it to them.
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Ahhh crap.. OK well, ill take it back tuesday.  :(  Well it WAS very fun though so now im on the look out for another  :)
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 8:22:09 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have three... neener neener neener

(]

I have seven prebans...na na na na na... including the three preban AR180s.  Also have several postban ArmaLites, including a 180B.  Sorry, I couldn't resist...
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 2:02:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Its all good. Atleast now I can go ahead and order the one I want.  Ill get my Tactical CAR A4  from RRA.    :)  Im assuming and hoping this was just an honset mistake on the dealers part. Around here I doubt a cop will even know what this gun is much less to tell pre-ban from post-ban, but all it takes is that one that does.  :(
Link Posted: 9/30/2002 3:21:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
OK, after looking around on the gun I see its a Rock River Arms.

OUCH!!!  Man that sucks the big one.....
Link Posted: 10/1/2002 10:20:57 AM EDT
[#15]
OK, well after having the Manager talk with RRA. It appears this was a built gun in totally illegal config.  He tried hard just to fix the stock but I said no ill just orderme one thats right from the factory. Ahhh well, was fun for a bit. Now to decide which RRA I want. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm  Thanx for letting me know about the issue I had. I would have hated to goto jail.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top