Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/21/2002 8:08:38 AM EDT
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=714108195

Add says it is not a Beta C. Who else makes a double drum magazine?

IPSC_GUY sends
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:16:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=714108195

Add says it is not a Beta C. Who else makes a double drum magazine?

IPSC_GUY sends

its obvoiusly a fake drum,It only holds 10 rounds.
just look at his item description

AR-15 Double Drum Magazine,10 Round capacity only!Make your AR-15 even more intimidating!

I wonder if hes saying its not a beta c which would admit it really does hold 100 rounds, so ebay doesnt boot the auction.  Never saw a double snail magazine design except for the betas

Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:26:39 AM EDT
[#2]
The shape of the drums look different from any Beta C I have seen. It could be the real thing but I doubt it. I have sold several magazines on Ebay that said 10 but had several witness holes on the back to let the bullets breathe so they didn't rust. However the drums I have seen on a Beta have a more pronounced rim around each magazine so who knows.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 12:22:02 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys dont hang out much on e-bay do you? I used to sell guns on there back in the day : ( Great site for it, unfortunatly they sold out and became "E-Gay".

Anyhow, they havnt allowed high cap mags on there for years now. Still, everyone sells 'em, but calls them '10 rounders' to get in under the stupid rules. Look on e-bay for other 'high cap' mags, AK in specific, you'll see droves of them, but they're all listed as '10 rounders'

With Auction Arms charging an arm and a leg in fees, and the registration fee for Gunbroker being kinda stiff, its a small price to pay I suppose for using a medium that still draws the most lookie-loos.

Dunno who made it, but a lot of folks have played the drum game for various guns over the years. I still want a 9mm drum for my Shansei T-49 Broomhandel Mauser : )

Ryan
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
With out seeing the back of the mag, My guess is that it is a ten round mag that has been glued to plastic formed shell, or made up completely of plastic.The center section of the mag has what appears to be glue marks where the real mag touches the plastic case.

Either way, some guy is going to be thrilled, or real pissed off.  My guess is the latter.

Also, The seller clearly states that it is not a "C beta mag", so the buyer has no recourse getting his $175 back.  Since the mag is only shown in the rifle, with out different angles of the mag, there is no deception on the part of the seller.  As a seller, this guy is good. He has stated just enough for someone to think that the mag is more that it is, yet not enough that he has made any false statements. I give it a solid 8, in regards to scams.

Like they say, theres a sucker born every minute.

P.S. we can e-mail the buyer after he gets the mag and see how it turned out.  Anyone want to take bets on how pissed off he is going to be after spending $175 on a piece of plastic.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:19:00 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks like the cup holders out of a Chevy...
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:37:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I emailed the guy three times, I was gonna bid on it, but all the guy would tell me is that he was selling it for a guy and he didnt know anything about it,

When I asked him how many round it really held he said "the guy Im selling it for told me 10." he was really weird about the whole thing which is why I didnt bid. I think it is some home made piece of crap that really does hold 10 rounds.

It is different than a beta, look at the pics.

Link Posted: 9/22/2002 12:42:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Y'all sound like a buncha hens at the market fussing over a deal too good to be true. If it wasnt for the pretty inexpensive price (dont AR drums usually command a $400-500 premium? At least?) I'd be tempted to say y'all are just complainers and just aught to ask the fellow for more details and pics. I'm sure if he's legit he'd be happy to comply.

As for it 'not being a beta-c', this too has the slight aire of 'a ten round non-hicap' listing, I.E. the guy is just saying this to make sure Ebay doesnt yank the auction.

Of course ARs are too rich for my blood, I spent $550 on my little M4gery and that was plenty for me, so a drum mag strikes me as the height of opulance.

I still think y'all aught to just ask him.
(edited in five minutes later- looks like someone beat me to it, sounds like a fraud. Any way you can alert the buyer? Or more importantly e-bay? Hate to side with a bunch of antis but in this case it'd be guys like us getting a bad name if this guy's little schtick goes through)

Ryan
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 7:46:53 AM EDT
[#9]
looks like a pair of plastic containers glued to a 10 rd mag and painted black to me!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:53:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Ok, I emailed the guy that won the auction, this is what he said.......

It is an experimental mag,i already have one guy that
wants it,i am thinking about listing it on ebay.It
will hold 50 more than a beta c,he said the name of it
is Delta L,if you think you may be interested the
other guy offered me $200 for it,but I think I will be
able to get $250 for it,look for it on ebay if you
dont want to buy it from me,its to bad you cant
advertise more than 10 rounders on ebay,I'll bet it
would bring$400-$500 at auction possibly more

Link Posted: 9/29/2002 6:30:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Never Heard of a Delta L I just googled it and after searching through pages and pages and pages there was NO referance what-so-ever. I think this thing might be a scam.

IPSC_GUY
Link Posted: 9/29/2002 7:03:21 PM EDT
[#12]
IPSC...I 've seen proto drums and this ain't one of them. It most likely is a mock-up made from the plastic crate packers that Beta's are shipped in prior to being tagged & bagged. The oddball things about that auction...the buyer "danielsguns" has bought items from AR15.com members but nobody seems to know him/her. The seller is an unknown. The buyer had the item in-hand on 09/27/02 yet neither buyer nor seller has posted any transaction feedback for eachother...very very queer for a couple nubian eBayers not to get right on the feedback thing. The buyer already has an offer($200)...but'll take more because "I will be able to get $250...or "it would bring $400-$500"...maybe it was "more". He also has plans to list the item on auction through eBay. What's odd about that...he's never sold a thing on eBay. This is an item that Birdman.com should have available...call it The Dubble-Nutt'n Thanks for the laff...Bud
Link Posted: 10/3/2002 3:20:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Ok here is the end to this tragic little tail the winner emailed me

hey  bud this is daniel the guy who won the ten round drum better be glad you did not win this guy i won it from is not a good ebayer he took a 10 round mag and siliconed two car center caps together to make it look like a beta mag even went so far as to paint it black on top of that when i left neg feedback about his product he inturn left me some he is the kind of dumbass that gives buying and selling a bad name

EHHHH GADDDDSSSS that is all i have to say about this

IPSC_GUY (shakin my head) sends

Link Posted: 10/3/2002 3:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]
IPSC...Whatta hoot. A couple 50rd center caps from automotive wheels slatheredd with goo & stuck to a mag...gotta love that one. Thanks for the FYI...Bud
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top