Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2002 11:58:12 PM EDT
Just bought one from them at a gun show.
20" pre ban. It has no markings on it.
The thing that bothers me about it is that the handguards are paper thin and have gaps in them.
Anyway, are their uppers any good? I haven't fired this one yet.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 1:55:26 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.model1sales.com/
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 5:45:41 PM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok , her is the low down.

There used to be a FFL/type II that went under the name Sendra.   He produced complete rifles and receivers and parts.  The company renamed it's self Nesdra( just a respelling of sendra) then went out of business.  The fathers two son's started their own companies, since they had their fathers connections on parts, but did not become FFLs.

One of the companies is Model 1, the other is M&A sales.  Both produce kits, and for the most part are not bad for the price.  But on the kits, a lot of parts are made by commercial manufactures, not military manufactures.

I have kits from both, one being a flat top, and for the price I paid, It shoots just fine.

If your looking for a tack driver, this upper will not be it.  Also, your front sight tower is cast, not forged.  But if your looking for a upper that you can burn up,or just blast with, you have found the ticked.
Link Posted: 9/20/2002 8:53:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks Dano!
And that's just what I'm gonna do!
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Let me add a bit to Dano523's info...

The company was called Nesard - I did much business with them in the years prior to the ban-mania.  The part you might find interesting is that Nesard ceased business under that name after there was much publicity about David Koresh allegedly purchasing "full auto M-16 parts" from Nesard at the gun show in Indianapolis.  Nesard regularly set up at that show at the National Guard Armory in Indy.  I was a regular attendee of that show in those years and I remember seeing Koresh around the Nesard table.  I never forget a face and remembered him when he showed up on the news.

The sad truth is that an investigation showed that Koresh indeed purchased parts from Nesard but not "illegal" full auto parts... at least not from Nesard.  I have to assume that since the name Nesard drew so much attention in connection with Koresh and the Waco debacle that a wise business move resulted in the change.

I have since purchased parts from Model 1 Sales and the only problem I encountered was a detend pin spring that was too long.  Needless to say it was easy to remedy and is still in service after many rounds.

There you have it - perhaps more detail than some would care for but interesting nonetheless.

The Sniper
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top