Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 11:58:39 AM EDT
anyone know of any good areas/ranges to shoot ourdoors in georgia?  All of my buddys and I are from suburbian areas where this is not exactly condoned :)
I am located in cherokee county (north of atlanta), if anyone knows of anything let me know.

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Nothing very close to Cheroke that I'm aware of, but there are a couple of good (and free) WMA ranges if you're willing to drive a little bit.  One of them is located off 411 near Cisco, GA.  Just take 411 N. to Cisco and turn right at the stone church.  Follow the forest svc. rd about 2 miles to the range.  

The other WMA range that I've used is located off of I-985 in Gainesville, but I can't recall the specific directions to get to the range.  Check this site for further info though:

http://www.badf.org/Disabled_Hunters/outdoor/georgia1.html
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:33:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the information; the one in jasper should be beneficial as I go camping/offroading quite a bit up there.  Anyone else ever been in the caves where the cave diver died up there earlier this year?  I am hoping someone else who posts on here has some property and would not mind some shooting partners every once a while.  The other thing I am looking into is just BUYING my own land the shoot on.  That looks like it is going to be a rather expensive route but owning the land has a lot of other benefits as well.  
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
John's Mountain WMA is right up I-75.  It's closed on Sunday's and Monday's, though, which sucks.

Bradd
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 3:41:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top