Are they all preban's?  
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 11:24:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 2:35:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2002 5:27:21 PM EDT
[#3]
This "you must have proof" doctrine is a typical government regulation: impossible to prove for many who got receivers. If it was legal to have before 1994 and you had an upper with a preban barrel (with FH and bayo lug) attached to it at ANY time, then it is grandfathered. If you owned any preban parts like an upper or pistol grip, collapsible stock, barrel, FH, even if it was on another gun, then the "constructive possession" rule should apply, right? LOL! Knowing the ban was coming in 1994 you might have kept the CC receipts for the upper and barrel, if you used a CC. How about cash at the gunshow? Most gunshow vendors back in the 80's did not take CC, as I remember it. How do you prove such a thing if you bought and assembled it in 1982?  Which is something I did?  Back then you never worried about keeping receipts, dates of purchase, etc.  So it is unreasonable to say "you must have proof" it was assembled into a AW type configuration. They can steam and fuss and make all sorts of rules about how it had to have been assembled into an AW config before the date of the ban, but there is no way they can prove that my Preban Oly lower was NOT in the config I say it was in.  The only way they can prove something was NOT in preban config is if the records exist of a stripped receiver made before the ban being released for sale after the ban.  It would be hard to show that ANY receiver sold before the ban was NOT made into AW configuration.  If there have been prosecutions of people who used a preban receiver to make an illegal AW, please let us know.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top