Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2002 11:36:13 AM EDT
I have been doing research on what I like and want to buy to put togather my first AR15. I'm pertial to RRA and will most likly end up buying their stripped lower receiver. Question comes on their parts kits. What is included? Does the parts kit come with the butt stock and pistol grip? That is the answer I can't find anywhere. If you look at RRA's web site it shows the price for the parts kit but doesn't tell what come with it. Then they have a link to the lower reciever parts which would indicate the stock as parts for the lower reciever but do they come in the parts kit or not?

I'm guessing they don't and you have to buy a stripped lower receiver, parts kit and stock of your choice along with a pistol grip.  Is this correct?

Then if I want to buy the stock does that come with all that is needed to attach it or is there then another parts kit for the stock I need to get.  

All I know is this is getting more and more expensive the more I look.

Any help would be welcome. Also a source for RRA's parts kits that have good prices would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:52:34 AM EDT
[#1]
ask RRA for a detailed list and don't buy anything until you get a list with every stinking pin and spring!
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#2]
a parts kit is just what it sounds like every  part except the lower reciever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2002 11:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
I just ordered a parts kit from Olympic Arms.  It comes with everything you need *except* the stripped lower receiver.  This means upper receiver (pre-built and headspaced), buttstock, all springs and pins, trigger, etc.

So, you need:
1) stripped lower receiver
2) parts kit
3) tools
4) magazine
5) ammo
Link Posted: 9/5/2002 6:26:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks huys for the info about the parts kits.  I'm still some what confused but I guess when it comes to buy I just need to email or call and confirm what come with and what doesn't.

I was looking at some auctions today to see what some pricing is and I keep seeing parts kits and they don't seem to include a stock or pistol grip. I thinking this is the standard and I will need to buy a stripped lower, parts kit and then my choice of stock (butt stock or non collasible type stock).

Just trying to get this all straight in my head before I can get serious and find the best price and buy.

Thanks again.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top