Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2002 5:29:56 PM EDT
The first day I took my new AR to the range was the first time I had fired a similar rifle for any extent of time since Viet Nam.  As I pulled the black beast from her case, I found myself surronded by deerslayers with there bolt actions. Heads turned as I zeroed her in at 25 yards then 50 yards.  My rate of fire not fast but consistent soon had one of the range masters was standing behind me smiling and asking if I was on the shooting team.  I moved to the 100 yard set and in a matter of minutes took the center out of the target.  My fellow shooters were happy to be in the target. A number of them would fire a round then come watch the ARs constant rate of fire with the limit on the acuracy being me the shooter.  After about 200 rounds, I loaded my black beauty into her case and then proceeded to blow everones mind as I pulled out my Mauser and fired her 8mm monster rounds.  This was not a typical day at the range since it sports a military rifle team and typically ARs, AKs, Garrands, M1a1s, and older bolt actions abound.  As luck would have it my first day with an AR was a day that she would stand out.  What a hoot!

Let me know if you have similar stories!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2002 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#1]
My AR-10 w/iron sights has embarassed/impressed many a deer rifle shooter using a scope. Don't even get me started about my AR-15 **with** its scope!  >gg<

What range do you shoot at?
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 4:17:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Shoot at John Sevier in Knoxville.  It is a covered bench rifle range ran by Tennessee Wildlife and manned by NRA range masters.  Good place for a slight rainy day shoot.  Range sports rifle 100 yard, pistol range, shotgun, and bow.  It has a membership to include a Military Rifle Shooting team and juniors program.  Nice crowd shoots there and can honestly say have not met anyone I didn't like.  Must register to enter so rougher element is not present, unless you count me. LOL
Link Posted: 8/30/2002 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Way to go, TJ.  Sound like you had fun.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top