Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/2/2016 1:16:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TxLewis]
I have great dope for my .308's out to 1000 yds using my pet loads.

I've converted from moa to mil/mil scopes.

While I want to go rerun the whole dope shooting for info, until I do, how accurate could I get by just converting my come ups from moa to mil?

Is there an easy formula I can drop into excel to convert and reprint.

I keep it taped to my stock.

Thanks.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 2:12:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Oldmikey] [#1]
Does this help?  http://www.conversioncenter.net/angle-conversion/from-milliradian-to-minute-of-angle
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 2:20:55 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have your muzzle velocity and true BC, just run it through JBM.
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 3:13:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ballisticxlr] [#3]
Divide MOA by 3.4377 to get MRAD.

You could also get the free spreadsheet from my site http://ballisticxlr.com which is meant to print data sheets and just change the MRAD scope option as appropriate.

Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:36:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxLewis] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ballisticxlr:
Divide MOA by 3.4377 to get MRAD.

You could also get the free spreadsheet from my site http://ballisticxlr.com which is meant to print data sheets and just change the MRAD scope option as appropriate.
View Quote

Thank you sir.  Exactly what I needed.

Txl

Eta.  What d you think of 7mms-08?

If I converted my ar10 to that, should I get better ballistic coefficients?  Better long range wind bucking.

And, nice site.

Eta one more time.  I'm adding your site to my sigline.  Lots of great ballistic info there.  If you want me to remove it I will.  I just think many folks would appreciate it.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/2/2016 8:46:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TxLewis] [#5]
Thanks ballisticxlr.

Check sigline.

Txl
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 2:38:23 PM EDT
[#6]
7mm-08 is a killer round for anything previously chambered in .308 IMHO. Ballistic coefficients are actually a bit higher in the heavy 7mm's than in most heavy 6.5's. .284win is another potential option but with the rebated rim I'm not sure how it'll feed. Mag capacity would be negatively affected but range would be increased a good whack.

7mm-08 with something like 154gn Hornady's would be really nice. With 168 bergers it'll be even better. BC on the 168 bergers is .617 G1. With those you'll get more velocity than a .308 and better resistance to wind deflection and a yooooooge selection of projectiles compared to 6.5mm.

Thanks for the sig line!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 7:06:12 PM EDT
[#7]
7-08 was a very popular Silhouette round back in the day, say 15 to 20 years ago.

The efficiency of that bullet and case combination, along with the milder recoil when compared to some other options, give a good balance. Add in the factors that have to do with availability of .308 brass and factory ammo, and you can see why it is still around.

And thanks to ballisticxlr for the downloaded spreadsheet. I will play with it a little and see how it goes.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:05:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang all this fancy electronic sutff, and Im still carrying cardboard in me pocket

Ole Skool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top