Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2017 12:36:09 PM EDT
I'm trying to get the iron sights on my Ruger 10/22 zeroed at 50 yards. Elevation wasn't a problem, but it was shooting to the right so I took a punch and tapped the rear sight to the right and It's still hitting in almost in the same place.

What would y'all recommend? The only thing I can think of is tapping the front sight to the left because I don't think it would be a good idea to move the rear sight anymore.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#1]
what's your finger placement on the trigger? finger placement and shooting
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 3:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you're hitting right of your target the rear sight needs to go to the left. Or you can drift the front post to the right.

It helps me to think in exaggerated terms when deciding to move my sights. If I move the sight a lot how will that change the way the barrel moves when I align the sights? In which direction?

Once you establish a good 50 yard zero you can apply wicking grade Loctite to the sight dovetails. This will insure that they stay put.
Link Posted: 8/27/2017 7:45:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:
If you're hitting right of your target the rear sight needs to go to the left. Or you can drift the front post to the right.
View Quote
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top