Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/4/2016 10:00:46 PM EDT
Has anyone sent an optic in for this warranty recently?  How long was the turnaround time?

The warranty seems great, but we'll see how it plays out. I just sent an Elite Tactical SMRS 1-6.5x24mm in for repair and was looking for other people's experiences.
Link Posted: 12/4/2016 11:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By mr_kong:
Has anyone sent an optic in for this warranty recently?  How long was the turnaround time?

The warranty seems great, but we'll see how it plays out. I just sent an Elite Tactical SMRS 1-6.5x24mm in for repair and was looking for other people's experiences.
View Quote

yes, 4 to 8 weeks turnaround, 100% satisfaction..
Link Posted: 12/11/2016 9:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
yep bushnell elite 10x . turn around was 3 weeks . dont expect alot of communication . they sent me a letter saying it could take up to 3 weeks for a tech . look at it and then I got the scope back in about a week .
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 8:53:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_kong] [#3]
I decided to email their CS and got a reply a day later. They provided a lab repair number so I can track the progress.

So far...
12/2 shipped
12/5 delivered
12/9 entered into Bushnell system per repair #
12/14 email to CS
12/15 reply from CS; repair # & stated 5 days from inspection
12/29 "Replacement Item on Order" per repair #
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 12:22:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Torchy] [#4]
Well I have a Elite Spotting Scope and for some reason the glass internally was cracked. I've never dropped it or anything. Called their customer service just to see if this warranty situation was legit and they told me yes. So:

Mailed on 11/28
Website updated I was getting a replacement on 12/8
Received 12/16

Like the other poster said I did get a piece of mail about it. Was very happy with everything. I only paid shipping to them. Def legit.
Link Posted: 12/20/2016 10:29:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Good stuff. I may have to buy more Bushnell, well at least the ones cover by warranty
Link Posted: 12/27/2016 8:37:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Bushnell now handles Weaver repairs. I sent in a Weaver Tactical for repair and waited around 3 weeks or so. No issues with the repair, but it was just a replacement turret screw that they would not send directly to me. I wasn't overly pleased about having to do that since it was literally a 10 second repair but at least it was free, not including my shipping costs
Link Posted: 1/5/2017 5:55:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mr_kong] [#7]
Scope arrived today much to my surprise.

So to sum up:
12/2 shipped
12/5 delivered
12/9 entered into Bushnell system per repair #
12/14 email to CS
12/15 reply from CS; repair # & stated 5 days from inspection
12/29 "Replacement Item on Order" per repair #
1/5 arrived via UPS

Now, my repair number on the site still says "replacement item on order" and the invoice on the box was to someone else. I still got a 1-6.5x. Only issue is that mine was a BTR-1, and the one arrived is a BTR-2 reticle
Link Posted: 4/6/2017 11:52:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Bushnell has very good no BS lifetime warranty on some of their scopes.
I sent in a 4200 series scope due to gas leak resulting in fogged scope and they took care of it in 4 weeks.  They even took care of my friends 40+ year old scope with life time warranty after couple e-mails.
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
They took care of a long out of production set of binoculars for me . I bought them new in the 80's . It cost me a few bucks but I got a heck of an upgrade
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top