Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2015 12:04:32 PM EDT
I am a proud owner of a SCAR 17

now i need to put a QR rings on it and some glass.

I don't plan to shoot past 300 yards on game.

my budget is 1K for the glass...........any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 4:24:42 AM EDT
[#1]
You might consider perusing the FN forums to see what others are using. When I had my 17S, I had an Elcan 1-6x up top. Great optic, but its a tad outside of your budget.  Good luck.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 11:40:29 AM EDT
[#2]
TA11 ACOG with green horseshoe reticle.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 2:45:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Steiner military 1-4 is $699 on close out from euro optics. I have the 762 on a REPR and am shocked at how good it is. My fiend liked it so much that he bought the 556 version. We marked them side by side at 100yards on a target and the Bdc reticle drop is no different out to like 500m as best we could tell. Plus I dial mine with the 9.3mils of elevation. Plenty of range for 300m. I just market my turrets for a minute of man shot out to 400m. Plus the red dot is about as good as my Schmidt bender short dot or an Aimpoint.

Just add a larue mount and you're right at or under $900

Here is my lwrc post on the Steiner on the REPR

Shot this back in late May

older 18" 4 position gas block REPR
Steiner military 1-4x24
Surefire can
Harris bipod

Shot a 5 round group using 168gr nossler on 4 power measured about 3.5" on steel at 400 meters.
All 5 rounds fired within a minute. I just waited for the steel swinging to slow down

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top