Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2018 11:20:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ares867]
I have been looking to buy a LaRue OBR 7.62 16". I posted on the WTB board and have had 0 replies. It's been 2-3 weeks now and I've only come across a couple through Google searches and the owners are typically asking quite a bit more than blue book value. If anyone has a line on one or knows someone who's trying to sell one let me know. I am expanding my search to include a Noveske Gen III N6 16". If anyone has information on accuracy (MOA, SUB MOA?) Max distance, and what a good price is for a used one hit me up.
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:40:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Why not buy it direct?
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:01:03 AM EDT
[#2]
@Larue_Tactical

This guy might have one ^
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 2:14:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:51:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By d13s3l:
in the EE
View Quote
That's actually a PredatOBR.  But still a damn nice rifle.

OP, I have an honest question and I'm not picking at you:  Why do you want an OBR, the heaviest 7.62 rifle, but in only a 16" barrel? Just curious.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 9:07:28 PM EDT
[#5]
They come and go on the EE; I think I've seen 2 or 3 older OBRs with short barrels in the last 6 months or so.

I bet with the tOBRs and now UU kits, there are not many OBR 16s being sold any more.

Originally Posted By spartacus2002:
That's actually a PredatOBR.  But still a damn nice rifle.

OP, I have an honest question and I'm not picking at you:  Why do you want an OBR, the heaviest 7.62 rifle, but in only a 16" barrel? Just curious.
View Quote
Head to head, the OBRs should shoot better if you believe the barrel extension/upper fit voodoo. They're not meant to take down, so are often put together impossibly tight and it's a rock solid upper platform.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By nihilsum:

Head to head, the OBRs should shoot better if you believe the barrel extension/upper fit voodoo. They're not meant to take down, so are often put together impossibly tight and it's a rock solid upper platform.
View Quote
I get the OBR versus PredatAR or PredatOBR.  I'm just curious for why someone would want a heavy super-accurate rifle, then limit the velocity -- and thus range -- with a 16" barrel.  If one wanted a 16" 7.62mm rifle for handy short-range purposes, the OBR is probably the worst choice due to weight.

I'm not criticizing OP, just hoping to learn something perhaps.
Link Posted: 3/22/2018 10:32:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Postal0311:
Why not buy it direct?
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 10:42:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Direct is considerably more expensive than buying a used one from someone who has put a few hundred rounds down range and is looking to offload one. I could use that extra coin for a nice optic and mount.
Link Posted: 3/23/2018 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#9]

I get the OBR versus PredatAR or PredatOBR.  I'm just curious for why someone would want a heavy super-accurate rifle, then limit the velocity -- and thus range -- with a 16" barrel.  If one wanted a 16" 7.62mm rifle for handy short-range purposes, the OBR is probably the worst choice due to weight.

View Quote
Agreed all; I'd rather have a 16" with a lighter profile, like an ACC, that could be treated like a heavy carbine.
Link Posted: 6/18/2018 12:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I ended up buying a Noveske N6 Gen III. To everyone who messaged me with offers, thank you.
Link Posted: 6/19/2018 12:42:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ares867:
I ended up buying a Noveske N6 Gen III. To everyone who messaged me with offers, thank you.
View Quote
Pictures or it didn't happen....
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:02:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Crazyhorse26] [#12]
I own a few shorter carbines in 308 and 6.5 creedmoor.  I wanted short to mid range precision out of a LFAR and I am getting it in spades.  16” is as short as I will go.  IMHO, if you go shorter than 16” in a 308 without a specific engagement envelope, you start building a really expensive 300 BO.

View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 10:41:24 PM EDT
[#13]
One of the last rifles I would ever let go would be my LaRue Stealth 2.0 Grendel.

I'd let my Model 70 Featherweight Pre-'64 .270 Winchester I got from my dad go before the LaRue, and I plan to keep the Model 70 in the family, pass it on to one of my sons like it was to me.

The LaRue feels like one solid piece, not an upper, lower, and handguard with a barrel in there.
Link Posted: 8/19/2018 2:46:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: donho00] [#14]
Good pick

I picked up my Gen3 N6 for a 762 blaster. I was shocked how tight it groups.

It eats anything from xm80(which by a miracle it shoots tight) to FGMM. never a FTF. from mag dumps to bench

I have since changed a few things and its is just as reliable. I had Ben at JP make me a H3 308 Silent Buffer.
Swapped the SSA for a SSA-E. and had the BCG coated in ZrN. For how accurate it is. I am debating throwing on an A2 tube and a PRS stock

Link Posted: 9/24/2018 6:41:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Makes me want to sell my Armalite, Sig716 , CMMG and POF .308 and get a LaRue OBR .
Link Posted: 10/19/2018 9:04:32 PM EDT
[#16]
That nobody wanted to sell their OBR says a lot about the OBR.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 5:26:34 PM EDT
[#17]
There's a blue book for guns?

Wasn't aware of that.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 4:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By donho00:
Good pick

I picked up my Gen3 N6 for a 762 blaster. I was shocked how tight it groups.

It eats anything from xm80(which by a miracle it shoots tight) to FGMM. never a FTF. from mag dumps to bench

I have since changed a few things and its is just as reliable. I had Ben at JP make me a H3 308 Silent Buffer.
Swapped the SSA for a SSA-E. and had the BCG coated in ZrN. For how accurate it is. I am debating throwing on an A2 tube and a PRS stock

https://preview.ibb.co/mpCkXe/20180724_190311.jpg
View Quote
Have you tried shooting this suppressed? Does reliability retain? Where does it eject suppressed and unsuppressed? I just got one :) in switchblock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top