Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 7:34:40 PM EDT
Hey folks, I'm a long time lurker but a seldom poster.  But, I need a little technical help now.  Like I said I have the  RRA LAR-8.  I just ordered/received the RRA free float hand guard for it.  The instructions they provided appears to be for their other hand guards...the tube type is very different.  The instructions say I have to remove the barrel nut and install the provided one.  I did not receive a new barrel nut with my new tube.  But, it appears the barrel nut may be actually part of the tube...built in so to speak.  Is that how it works with this hand guard?  How do you torque this down...strap wrench?  This is my first attempt at modifications on a AR-10 style rifle so I'd like to be sure before I just start tearing into things.  Appreciate any help.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:07:19 PM EDT
[#1]

Go to the RR Industry section ask Steve, he'll give you good info.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 8:14:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you...didn't know that was there...duh.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top