Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2022 7:45:23 PM EDT
I'm kicking around the idea of building an SPR type AR15 with an 18" or 20" barrel, just to have fun running around and banging steel as far as possible, which could be up to 800-1000 yards. I don't want this to be a bench rifle, so I'm willing to sacrifice some accuracy for lighter weight.
I like the profile of the Faxon Gunner barrels; their weights are very modest for the length without being pencil contours. However, it seems Faxon can be hit-or-miss, so what other barrel options are available at a similar weight?
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 8:33:09 AM EDT
[#1]
WOA has a good reputation for accuracy.

White Oak Armament
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:05:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Lilja has a straight barrel option that is decent Link AR740
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 1:15:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Proof carbon wrapped barrels reduce weight.
https://proofresearch.com/barrels/ar-type/
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:13:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Faxon gunner is a good profile. I’ve got a few faxon barrels with no issues and good results. I’d stick with faxon if that’s the profile you’re looking for. If you have any serious issues with the barrel you’ll be taken care of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top