Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2022 2:32:05 PM EDT
I have been trying to get a barrel shortened for 2 years now, unfortunately removing the gas block requires a special tool which the manufacturer refuses to provide, or point me in the direction of who actually has them.

They have finally agreed to sell me a shorter hand-guard as they too are also special, but only if I chop the barrel down first. I really like this rifle but due to the higher weight I don't tend to take it out much.

I know there is alot of places that can cut and thread barrels without removing them from the action but the ones I have reached out to tell me I might have it back in 3 months if they feel like it and the prices are considerable.

Randall at ar15 barrels was going to do it as a walk in but he would have to make the tool to remove the gas block nut and he will only do it with the barrel out.

If anyone can do it in a timely fashion of knows where to get a 10 sided tool approx 1in - please let me know.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 3/15/2022 3:25:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Rose action sport did my SBS barrel. He did a great job.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 5:27:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot you an email
Link Posted: 3/16/2022 6:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By tankpop:
I have been trying to get a barrel shortened for 2 years now, unfortunately removing the gas block requires a special tool which the manufacturer refuses to provide, or point me in the direction of who actually has them.

They have finally agreed to sell me a shorter hand-guard as they too are also special, but only if I chop the barrel down first. I really like this rifle but due to the higher weight I don't tend to take it out much.

I know there is alot of places that can cut and thread barrels without removing them from the action but the ones I have reached out to tell me I might have it back in 3 months if they feel like it and the prices are considerable.

Randall at ar15 barrels was going to do it as a walk in but he would have to make the tool to remove the gas block nut and he will only do it with the barrel out.

If anyone can do it in a timely fashion of knows where to get a 10 sided tool approx 1in - please let me know.

Thanks.

View Quote
If you don't mind me asking, what Brand/Model is it?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Exactly..who the heck are these people that you have to argue with to let you buy a handguard? and won't provide or sell you a tool for their obviously propietary parts? And maybe even more importantly who would invest in a company that refuses to make money?
Link Posted: 3/19/2022 6:08:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: onthebreeze] [#5]
Got a picture?

Frankly I'd vote for scrapping the proprietary gas block once removed and replacing it with something better. That opens up your options for removing it......
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 1:49:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By tankpop:

Thanks.

View Quote

Is this a Knights? Kinda sounds like a Mod 2 gas system. If so, send it to any of the reputable KAC-certified Armorers.
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 9:09:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If it’s the KAC

Mod 2 gas block tool
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top