Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2022 5:18:52 PM EDT
I'm looking for an AR-308 barrel that is cut with the 25 degree taper, to match up with direct thread suppressors by SIG or CGS.  Examples of factory rifles with this barrel include the Q Fix, SIG Cross, and SIG 716i.  I know that ADCO Firearms has a service for "Contour SIG Reverse Taper", but they will only do this if they are also threading the barrel at the same time, which would mean I would need to find a non-threaded barrel to send to them.

Does anyone have any recommendations for an aftermarket barrel to fit a DPMS-pattern AR-308 that has this 25 degree taper?

Link Posted: 2/9/2022 5:48:18 PM EDT
[#1]
No lead on the barrel, but I would ask Class 3 Machining if they could cut the taper on a existing threaded barrel. They have a dealer account here and posts in the EE.
Class 3 Machining
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 9:23:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By msgriff:
No lead on the barrel, but I would ask Class 3 Machining if they could cut the taper on a existing threaded barrel. They have a dealer account here and posts in the EE.
Class 3 Machining
View Quote

Thanks!  I contacted them, and they said that they can add the taper without having to shorten the barrel to re-thread.  Great find!
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, I had mine done by local smith who did no need to rethread it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top