Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2020 7:01:31 PM EDT
Has anyone on here ever swapped their 10/22 to fire 17 mach 2.  I seen some barrels to do this was just wondering if it worked out for you?  I just found 3k rounds of mach 2 in my stash that I forgot about. I sold my savage years ago. Was looking for another Savage but no luck.
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 7:58:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I did to hm2 , which is basically mach 2. worked well i liked it, would shoot thru 6" trees.
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Ar15Jason:
Has anyone on here ever swapped their 10/22 to fire 17 mach 2.  I seen some barrels to do this was just wondering if it worked out for you?  I just found 3k rounds of mach 2 in my stash that I forgot about. I sold my savage years ago. Was looking for another Savage but no luck.
View Quote

Be careful!  My recollection is that the industry gave up on semi-auto Mach 2’s because the recoil impulse did not play well with converted.22LR rifles and led to early “unlocking” detonations.

IIRC the fix would have been heavier bolts and different springs.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:41:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Need to run a heavier charge handle and spring, mine ran great kills like a champ. I switched to 17hmr in a savage for Killin
Link Posted: 1/18/2021 6:52:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:10:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have done this in the AR15 platform. Once you procure a barrel get the heavy adjustable buffer kit and springs from borebuddy and you’ll be good to go. I did this with a cmmg 22lr conversion kit.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 8:18:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cebiNg:
I have done this in the AR15 platform. Once you procure a barrel get the heavy adjustable buffer kit and springs from borebuddy and you’ll be good to go. I did this with a cmmg 22lr conversion kit.
View Quote

I'm thinking this might be a tight setup with a 3D printed lower i have laying around.
Got a source for a barrel?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top