Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/14/2015 11:39:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wpeschel]
This is my Remington 700 stainless that I recieved back in 94 brand new from my father I was 12 at the time.
It's a Remington 700 SS 25-06.

I'd like to upgrade the stock on it to help with the accuracy.

What is the barrel profile of this gun?

Is this gun considered a SPS, Varmint, or sendero?

What are some good light weight hunting stocks for this rifle?

I wouldn't be against a nice wooden stock either.

Link Posted: 1/14/2015 11:57:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Manners EH1
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Browns Precision  Hunter Bench or McMillan hunters Edge are nice too.
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 8:50:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the Manners. Worth the $ and the wait.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MS556] [#4]
How is the accuracy now?  Have you set a baseline with really good ammo of match quality? If there are accuracy problems, it may not be the stock, or even if so, perhaps simple things like action screw torque or minor bedding work might completely solve your accuracy concerns.

.25-'06 is a great, flat shooting hunting round.  It can be made very accurate with handloads and patience, but was never thought of as a target or match cartridge.

If you do need a stock, the McMillan Mountain Rifle stock is on sale right now for approximately $300.  Heck of a bargain.  Long action version is 2.0 pounds, if I recall.  The McMillan Hunter would also be a good choice.  Same weight, slightly different shape.  Both. would work with your sporter profile barrel.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:27:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 07yzryder] [#5]
also a price range your wanting to spend.

for contour look here and break out the measuring sticks.

http://www.douglasbarrels.net/contours/

with a 24 inch looks like a remington sporter 03
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top