V
OUT
Link Posted: 1/14/2015 10:57:20 PM EDT
[#1]
That is cool

I think the previous one went for $14k or some insane number like that
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:35:26 AM EDT
[#2]
but but but why can't i have !?!?!?!? oh wait i live in newyorkistan............WOOOOOOOOOOO
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 3:17:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CavScout8] [#3]
Might almost be worth it at $14k, being that it comes with a PVS-22. New on Brownells they cost $10k alone.

EDIT: That said, I think the USMC was looking for something that you didn't need to 100mph-tape a cheek rest to....
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 10:06:21 PM EDT
[#4]
So the story goes, there are a number of these in possession of CMP. They are farming them out one at a time to try and get the max bid out of each one.

It was interesting because they found the actual sniper who had last used the other rifle that was up for bid.

Not my cup of tea, but to each their own!
M Richardson
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Capt Richardson,
This is the second one CMP has auctioned, correct?  I believe fewer than 60 were put into service, I wonder how may they have.

Makes me want to build a clone.
Imagine the heads that you'd turn
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#6]
CRAP!! that's sweet. to bad my Bank account would rebel against me if i tried to pick it up.
It would be a great piece of history to own.
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:36:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Full story is here:
http://stevereicherttraining.com/darpa-xm3/

Rumors were that some of these were sold off at CMP through back door deals to well connected people.

To the best of my knowledge, this is the second one up for public auction. How many more there are to go, I am not sure?

If "cloning" is your thing, here you go http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_3/40_Precision_Rifles_Clone_Thread___pic_thread_.html

Best of Luck,
M Richardson
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I would be all over that if I had $10K sitting around begging to be spent.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:57:13 PM EDT
[#9]
I know a guy who has one of those.

he was a 8541 and used one in country.

his has a folding stock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top