Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2017 11:38:46 PM EDT
Does anyone use a one piece QD scope mount on their bolt action? I was interested in using a LaRue LT120 to mount my Bushnell DMR2 to my .308 bolt rifle. It's not so much to move the scope from rifle to rifle (though I may do that) but I like the idea of bring able to quickly remove my scope for transportation (such as flying) and storage.

Not sure if it's worth it or if I should just get rings. I mean I may not remove my scope that much.

I plan on moving my rifle into a chassis with an adjustable cheek piece at some point.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 12:09:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By bbrraider:
Does anyone use a one piece QD scope mount on their bolt action? I was interested in using a LaRue LT120 to mount my Bushnell DMR2 to my .308 bolt rifle. It's not so much to move the scope from rifle to rifle (though I may do that) but I like the idea of bring able to quickly remove my scope for transportation (such as flying) and storage.

Not sure if it's worth it or if I should just get rings. I mean I may not remove my scope that much.

I plan on moving my rifle into a chassis with an adjustable cheek piece at some point.
View Quote

Nice to have if you ever decide to use a night optic. If I ever get rich I'm going to order the LaRue for my pulsar. And have a leupold pig plex 1X4.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO a QD mount has no place on a real precision bolt rifle.  My optics don't often come off my rifles, and if they do I have a torque wrench which serves pretty much the same function.   Even the smallest shift in zero is not worth messing with on a rifle that is regularly shot at long rage.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#3]
One piece mounts are more stable than two rings. The QD part of many mounts is not that important unless you remove the scope. A one piece is a good idea though.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#4]
My cheapest scope was $2600.  You can bet your ass they're not goin' in a POS Larue mount.  

Nightforce rings on a Nightforce base, or Badger.   Torque the cross bolts the same and it'll return to zero just fine.  I just remounted a scope yesterday and shot it at 565 yards.  Still perfectly zeroed.
Link Posted: 8/24/2017 10:20:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2017 7:30:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top