Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2017 10:57:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Steelhammer]
I've owned this rifle chambered in 300win for just under 2years, and I've never been happy with the grouping. At 100yrds it tends to roll three shots into a 1.7" group.
Glass is good. Using a Leupold VX3 on a DNZ scope mount. Ammo is is good too. Some personal loads I worked up for this rifle, and I've tried store bought match grade as well.
It is still wearing the factory Griptonite stock, and I'm thinking of starting there and possibly changing the stock, but I'm not finding many options outside of Boyds and B&C. Ive been contemplating just pillar and glass bedding the factory stock, rather then drop $300 on a Bell and Carlson. Any thoughts?
I really enjoy this rifle, and someday I'd like to feel comfortable with taking it in the field hunting, just wish it grouped better on paper.
Link Posted: 8/14/2017 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Steelhammer:
I've owned this rifle chambered in 300win for just under 2years, and I've never been happy with the grouping. At 100yrds it tends to roll three shots into a 1.7" group.
Glass is good. Using a Leupold VX3 on a DNZ scope mount. Ammo is is good too. Some personal loads I worked up for this rifle, and I've tried store bought match grade as well.
It is still wearing the factory Griptonite stock, and I'm thinking of starting there and possibly changing the stock, but I'm not finding many options outside of Boyds and B&C. Ive been contemplating just pillar and glass bedding the factory stock, rather then drop $300 on a Bell and Carlson. Any thoughts?
I really enjoy this rifle, and someday I'd like to feel comfortable with taking it in the field hunting, just wish it grouped better on paper.
View Quote

I'd pillar bed before buying the B&C cause I don't think there's much difference unless you get the B&C with the aluminum action block.
Plus it might be the barrel just won't shrink your groups.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sparkyD:

I'd pillar bed before buying the B&C cause I don't think there's much difference unless you get the B&C with the aluminum action block.
Plus it might be the barrel just won't shrink your groups.
View Quote
I believe that rifle is just a rebranded Howa, should be plenty of options for a long action Howa.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top