Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 8:00:05 PM EDT
Good friend has a 700 .308 heavy barrel 5R, factory gun with HS precision stock. What options for fitting a bottom metal for detachable mags?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:14:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GAZ32] [#1]
Having it milled is the best option.

I've seen some do it with a dremel and a file, but it was less than ideal.

There are some manufacturers making drop in bottom metal, too.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:39:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DakotaFAL] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By GAZ32:
Having it milled is the best option.

I've seen some do it with a dremel and a file, but it was less than ideal.

There are some manufacturers making drop in bottom metal, too.
View Quote
The Wyatt M4 detachable magazine bottom metal normally drops into the Manners, HS Precision and Bell and Carlson stocks as well as the standard Remington SPS stocks.

The semi-downside is the need for a propriety magazine, rather than an AICS compatible magazine.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Having it milled.  CDI will do the inlet if you buy their bottom metal.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:41:10 PM EDT
[#4]
I put magpul in mine. It was cheap and works fine, some may not be so mechanical, so then send it out and have it fitted. It was not drop in, if that's what you want, get wyatts.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
You could buy the HS Precision bottom metal. Pretty much drop in for their stock.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:14:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Ptg makes a "drop in" using ati mags iirc. Of course there is always a chance of some minor inletting of the stock but the magwell cut should work with factory action.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top