Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2016 9:28:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis]
I have a Savage 11M Hog Hunter in .308 with a medium contour "varmint" style barrel. I believe these are center feed from what I read. Will any savage short action center feed stock with a wide enough barrel channel fit it?
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 3:49:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Your Hog Hunter should be the 4.40" spacing...as far as if the barrel channel is wide enough...if it's not take sandpaper and a file til the barrel fits into the barrel channel...it's pretty simple to DIY.

Or order a stock that is ready for a heavy/varmint contour barrel.
Link Posted: 4/10/2016 7:04:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Aubie1:
Your Hog Hunter should be the 4.40" spacing...as far as if the barrel channel is wide enough...if it's not take sandpaper and a file til the barrel fits into the barrel channel...it's pretty simple to DIY.

View Quote

I'd go the ordering route...that's what I did with my Model 11 in 6.5 Creedmoor and the varmint barrel:

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:08:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I got the 223 hog hunter. I got an aluminum bedded stock of ebay from a short action dbm rilfe in max1 camo. Came with the trigger guard, bottom metal, and mag. I pulled the bottom plate off and put it on the internal mag in the hog hunter. I had my local gun smith mill out the spot for the side bolt release following the plastic casting marks. Also he milled the recoil lug to fit the accustock. Did not notice any accuracy change though. Gun shot amazing with either stock but i got a magazine now. Been thinking about doing it with a 308 hog hunter but since my experiences with the 223 i think i would look for a all polymer stock and then i could test which one seems to shoot the best on the 308 and use that one on the 308. My 223 with scope, aluminum stock, bipod, and suppressor im coming in at around 12lbs, that is not very light and would like to save the weight if there is nothing to gain.
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By md7989:

I'd go the ordering route...that's what I did with my Model 11 in 6.5 Creedmoor and the varmint barrel:

<a href="http://s889.photobucket.com/user/md7989/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshcgzbvrp.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/md7989/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshcgzbvrp.jpeg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

<a href="http://s889.photobucket.com/user/md7989/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshcgzbvrp.jpeg.html" target="_blank">http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/md7989/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpshcgzbvrp.jpeg</a>

Stock and mag details?
Link Posted: 4/15/2016 2:33:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: md7989] [#5]
Originally Posted By Finslayer83:

Stock and mag details?
View All Quotes

Stock and mag details?

Yessir, here you go:

Bell & Carlson Style 4 M40 tan w/black webbing stock
Pacific Tool & Gauge bottom metal w/bottom bolt release
Magpul AICS-style PMAG

Had to do a little inletting around the tang and inside the mag well, but nothing an hour with hand files couldn't accomplish. PT&G wasn't as expensive as other DBM setups and it seems to function just fine. Did require a longer front action screw to be acquired. I ordered a 10 pack of 1/4-28 7/8" stainless ones off eBay for like $6 shipped and it worked. Old one was about 1/8-1/4" too short

Link Posted: 4/15/2016 10:10:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep, 4.4" spacing center feed on the 11 hog hunter.
The cdi bottom metal just came in today for mine.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Im running that same primary arms scope on my hog hunter. Great scope for the money
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 5:43:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By HYDRASHOKMONTANA:
Im running that same primary arms scope on my hog hunter. Great scope for the money
View Quote

It's been ok, I had to go through a couple to get one that didn't have issues with parallax, but PA was very helpful in swapping them out, luckily they're only about 20-30min drive from me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:11:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Magpul AICS-style PMAG

Had to do a little inletting around the tang and inside the mag well, but nothing an hour with hand files couldn't accomplish. PT&G wasn't as expensive as other DBM setups and it seems to function just fine. Did require a longer front action screw to be acquired. I ordered a 10 pack of 1/4-28 7/8" stainless ones off eBay for like $6 shipped and it worked. Old one was about 1/8-1/4" too short

Would this set-up work on a Savage 10T with a lower magazine release? Really like this set-up!!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Splinter33:
Magpul AICS-style PMAG

Would this set-up work on a Savage 10T with a lower magazine release? Really like this set-up!!!!
View Quote

Did you mean bolt release? If so yes - his has the bolt release on the top right side of the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 9:18:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: md7989] [#11]

Did you mean bolt release? If so yes - his has the bolt release on the top right side of the trigger guard.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Splinter33:
Magpul AICS-style PMAG

Yep yep, works like a charm. Thanks for the kind words Splinter
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top