Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/7/2016 10:38:22 PM EDT
Is anyone else experiencing really tight mag wells with their Magpul laden 700's?

I thought my five rounders were tight until I got the ten rounders today... holy shit.

I literally have to wrestle them in an out.

Anything I can do to loosen them up?
Link Posted: 4/7/2016 11:03:46 PM EDT
[#1]
There's definitely something fucky about my setup.

My mags won't seat on a closed bolt and the bolt contacts the top of the mag when cycling.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:07:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BoilingToad] [#2]
Where did you find the 10 rounders?  I have one 5 rounder and it is not drop free.  My scope for the rifle is still on b/o, so I have not shot the rifle. I have heard that after a few uses the mags do become looser in the mag well.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 8:35:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By BoilingToad:
Where did you find the 10 rounders?  I have one 5 rounder and it is not drop free.  My scope for the rifle is still on b/o, so I have not shot the rifle. I have heard that after a few uses the mags do become looser in the mag well.
View Quote

Bought them direct from Magpul before they sold out.
Link Posted: 4/8/2016 10:39:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: jim] [#4]
Originally Posted By aIIan:
Is anyone else experiencing really tight mag wells with their Magpul laden 700's?

I thought my five rounders were tight until I got the ten rounders today... holy shit.

I literally have to wrestle them in an out.

Anything I can do to loosen them up?
View Quote

Trick we use to do on Gen 1 Glock mags, armorall, on the mag and mag well. You could use some fine / white paste car wax if armorall isn't on your shelf.  I like the paste wax. I used some liquid wax i keep around for polishing brass, orange bottle.  It's also available as a paste wax.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nu-Finish-8482-Car-Polish/3975
Link Posted: 4/9/2016 6:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By BoilingToad:
View Quote

MidwayUSA has them now.
Link Posted: 4/11/2016 9:58:12 PM EDT
[#6]
It's tight till you hit the range, then easy in & out.
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 12:39:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By wplunkett2011:
It's tight till you hit the range, then easy in & out.
View Quote

You want me to shoot the thing? Ain't nobody got time for that
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 4:56:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Effenpig] [#8]

My mags won't seat on a closed bolt and the bolt contacts the top of the mag when cycling.
View Quote

Mine too

The bowl drags on the fireflies eat- autocorrectg

The bolt drags on the feed lips

With the bolt open they go in fine and drop free

They feed fine so I sanded down the top of the feed lips a hair and it works fine now
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote

There's a quick fix for that discussed here and another thread (linked) in this one. Quick removal of some of the back of mag should do it. I used a round file for my mags.
http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_16_3/3567_Magpul_Hunter_700_Magwell_in_HS_Precision_stock.html
Link Posted: 4/12/2016 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#10]
My five rounder is so tight I can not fully seat or feed rounds from it. Pretty useless.
Link Posted: 4/13/2016 5:31:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Mine slips in and out easily.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I sanded down the ass end of the feed lips a bit and now the bolt doesn't get hung up.

That's a start I guess.

They still won't seat with any sort of ease and they're definitely not falling out.

I sort of expected more out of a $40 magazine
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Just tried them in my 260. They seat on a closed bolt and all drop free from my PTG M5 DBM. When applying pressure on the front of the mags they tilt a little, but not more than my AI's. I'll try to run them this weekend to see if there are any hiccups from using them as a barricade stop and fast cycling.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Originally Posted By HeyCoach:

Mine slips in and out easily.
View Quote

Same here and I have 3 of them. With a Magpul DBM.
Link Posted: 4/14/2016 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#15]
No issues with mine on two AICS.
Link Posted: 4/22/2016 1:58:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I sanded down the ass end of the feed lips a bit and now the bolt doesn't get hung up.

That's a start I guess.

They still won't seat with any sort of ease and they're definitely not falling out.

I sort of expected more out of a $40 magazine
View Quote

Mine are perfect after two outings and a little shooting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top