Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/1/2015 12:47:30 AM EDT
I'm thinking about a rem 700 aac sd and an accuracy international stock. Is there anything else that needs to be done besides just putting it in the chassis? Like bedding and all that jazz? Or is that just with regular style stocks? I'm JUST starting to look into this and am wondering how complicated it is.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#1]
There is more to it. Some like to bed the recoil lug. It's a Remington, which isn't a good choice but is cheap, so you'll need to get the trigger fixed if the recall hasn't been done, or replace it.

What is your budget?
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:41:29 AM EDT
[#2]
As stated bedding is an important factor to accuracy as are the components, barrel, action, trigger, and stock.

You can expect to spend as much on glass as on the rifle if not more so.  

Then there is learning how to shoot, I know that may sound simplistic but when you combine NPA, breathing, how to hold the rifle when prone without stressing the stock, loading the bipod, it's a lot more than just pressing the trigger.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:15:03 AM EDT
[#3]
With a chassis I'll shoot it before bedding to decide if I want to, if it shoots good I'd leave it alone.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 9:43:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Freedom, hardware is just one element of precision shooting.  Above all
else, if you have limited experience the best equipment in the world won't
make you proficient.  If you are willing to enter the sport and invest in good
hardware, then take a course in precision shooting to identify habits or
faults that may ruin your shot and that will give you a basic skill set you can
build on.

Also, by taking a course that provides a quality firearm as part of the training
program, you can begin to learn what works for you before you buy your
first precision rifle.

Ted
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:13:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I agree with Sagillman, but I've found that bedding the tang usually helps with the occasional flyers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 11:58:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By sagillman:
With a chassis I'll shoot it before bedding to decide if I want to, if it shoots good I'd leave it alone.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:06:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jagdkommando] [#7]
Range time (practice) is the biggest factor.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 12:36:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MileHighShooting] [#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 3:10:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Call Mile High but not about a chassis, just get an AT.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top