Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/27/2015 6:10:25 PM EDT
My new .22lr. :)

A while back I bought a stainless 10/22 offered through Lipseys because I liked the laminate stock and realized I didn't have a stainless plinker in my safe. (Link)

Well, it came in. As I was filling out the paperwork the gunsmith at my shop came down holding a bull barrel and noticed my new 10/22. "Who does that belong to?"  A short conversation took place and by the time it was over my new plinker was walking back up the ramp with a list of things soon to befall it.

The (almost) finished product,

-Bull Barrel cut to 16.5" with dimpling job (dimples bead blasted and smooth surfaces satin polish.)
-New crown
-Stock cut down, fitted to free float with pillars and glass bedded action.
-Ruger BX Trigger (For now, funds ran short.)
-Nikon Prostaff 2.5-10x40 (For now, funds again.)

I haven't made it to the outdoors to test longer range groups, but have put 100 through it at 30 yards indoor. I'm a less than great shot, and was very surprised I could do this five round group over and over with it at 3 power. I'm pretty happy so far and think it looks freaking cool. I'm going to have a it threaded for my can and will eventually decide on a new trigger. I didn't think I'd like the scope, but I've kind of grown fond of the big monster on the little 22.

Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#1]
It looks great! I never understood why so many people run a full length .920" barrel, it's overkill on a .22.  

Your dimpling is the best I've seen, no tool marks visible in the pictures. I really like the contrast of the matte dimples vs. the polished exterior of the barrel. Overall an A+.
Link Posted: 8/31/2015 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top