Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2019 3:59:06 PM EDT
Is this an okay combination?

I already have the rifle and scope and I'm thinking of burning up some Cabela's bucks and getting the magpul stock for it.  I've maybe put 20 rounds through the rifle a few years ago put it in the safe and honestly pretty much forgot about it until just recently.  Anyway, now I have the itch to play with a bolt gun and I'd like some input from the pro's on what I could do to make the rifle more accurate and fun to shoot.  Any advice is appreciated!

Oh, I will be using a YHM Phantom with the rifle (if that matters).
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 10:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I would fondle the Magpul stock first. I didn't like the feel and would rather go with a B&C medalist or HS Precision or Manners. Or a chassis.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 2:01:50 AM EDT
[#3]
The KRG Bravo isn’t much more than the Magpul is has much better adjustment, ergonomics, and attachment options...plus it looks way better. Buy this instead and use your Cabelas bucks for ammo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By spectre3:
The KRG Bravo isn’t much more than the Magpul is has much better adjustment, ergonomics, and attachment options...plus it looks way better. Buy this instead and use your Cabelas bucks for ammo.
View Quote
Yeah much better ergonomics.
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 9:50:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: m4hk33] [#5]
As someone who had a surgeon 338 and currently has a custom 700 and a SR25.

Absolutely.

Get out and shoot have fun and figure out what works for you. While there may be better stock options. Nothing is wrong with the magpul.

Dont worry about making it more accurate.
Link Posted: 1/17/2020 11:44:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I went withe the pro-l stock, by I am lefty and cannot run the bolt on the hunter without taking my hand off grip.
Link Posted: 2/8/2020 8:11:32 AM EDT
[#7]
You mean this exact setup?

Link Posted: 6/22/2022 10:23:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By BushmasterGuy77:

https://i.imgur.com/KovzfxI.jpg
View Quote

Nice.

Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:06:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By BushmasterGuy77:

https://i.imgur.com/KovzfxI.jpg
View Quote

Tell me about the pouch on the stock!
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 9mmprn:
Is this an okay combination?  

I already have the rifle and scope and I'm thinking of burning up some Cabela's bucks and getting the magpul stock for it.  I've maybe put 20 rounds through the rifle a few years ago put it in the safe and honestly pretty much forgot about it until just recently.  Anyway, now I have the itch to play with a bolt gun and I'd like some input from the pro's on what I could do to make the rifle more accurate and fun to shoot.  Any advice is appreciated!

Oh, I will be using a YHM Phantom with the rifle (if that matters).
View Quote

I also have almost this exact setup - except my 700 is the SPS Varmint version - and its a heavy beast lol but I like the setup a lot. Im new at all of this and did mess up and get rings that were too short to make the cheek weld happen easily for me, so I had to get the shorter cheek piece for the stock, but it was cheap and easy to change. I really like the stock a lot.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 1:41:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I dont use the magpul stock, but I do love my rifle.  

https://www.ammoland.com/2022/05/my-budget-precision-rifle-remington-700-sps-tactical-aac-sd/
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 2:04:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 1:41:51 AM EDT
[#13]
IMO, don't use a Magpul stock. Get a KRG bravo, Oryx, or MDT for a budget stock. Magpul is too flimsy and the ergonomics aren't ideal. I like a vertical grip and an adjustable cheek riser. Reduces the tension in your body so you can completely relax behind the scope and squeeze the trigger.

I'd also replace the trigger with a Timney or Trigger Tech trigger. I prefer 2 stages but to each their own. The factor trigger on a Remington is a must for long distance.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 2:28:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Another-Bill] [#14]
Looks a lot like mine, nice.

Mine: 700 SPS Tactical 20" in .223, Nikon Tactical Black 4-16X50 scope, a Magpul Hunter, 10 round mags with a Trigger Tech Primary @1.5lbs.

Accurate little rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top