Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/12/2017 11:06:06 PM EDT
Would you consider the century arms c308 to be a precision rifle?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#1]
No... MBR
Link Posted: 2/13/2017 10:37:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FALex] [#2]
I could not say definitively one way or the other.  I would lean toward the "hell no" side of the options, but shit, I've been surprised before.  Only you (or another experienced marksman in your AO could answer that).  

You want a precision, semi-auto .308?  You will need to go down the LR7.62/AR-10/SR25 patterned rifles route.  More over, you will likely need an aftermarket, quality barrel and good trigger.

The term "precision" has to maintain it's definition.  I know many have their perceptions and versions of what a precision rifle is, but I like to keep it simple: can the rifle shoot half minute or sub half at 100 yards?  If the answer is yes, I believe that is precise enough.  If you ask an F Class fella, he may say half MOA is one lousy standard, and say, "same hole groups" or some shit like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top