Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2016 10:17:36 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a ballistics program that's better than JBM's?  Specifically I'm using a 123gr Amax bullet at 2800 fps.  No I don't have a smart phone...just a desktop.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:38:08 AM EDT
[#1]
JBM works very well, what is it in particular that does not work for you or that you are looking for?
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
I've used the Nightforce Ballistics Program to great effect.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I have  limited ability to shoot long-range here, except for matches, and I need to get as close as I can before the first match.. If JBM works beyond 300 yds I'll just stick with that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have Microsoft Excel available you can download mine (BallisticXLR) for free. It's built on the Pejsa model. I can't say it's better because math is math but it's sure a lot easier for the layman to use if that's what you're getting at. I also support it for free. Details and download available at http://ballisticxlr.com

If you need help feel free to drop an email to ballisticxlr at gmail dot com.

The dope tables are meant to be printed. I also offer a printing service on Revlar waterproof media.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#5]
If you'd like me to run your data through shooter I'm happy to do that as well and send you back the data.

PM or post up bullet, MV, and your standard DA
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 2:14:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NSEGE:
I have  limited ability to shoot long-range here, except for matches, and I need to get as close as I can before the first match.. If JBM works beyond 300 yds I'll just stick with that.
View Quote

JBM works well, just as most programs available.  You just have to put in correct data to receive correct data.  Shit in shit out.   Without knowing what your DA will be or having a way to make adjustments on the fly you might want to invest in an APP for you phone along with a cheap kestrel to give good solid data.  If you are in a squad with a few guys running kestrels just ask them for the data they are running, usually DA and windspeed.
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 10:05:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone know of a ballistics program that's better than JBM's?  Specifically I'm using a 123gr Amax bullet at 2800 fps.  No I don't have a smart phone...just a desktop.
View Quote

A) JBM is a very good program
B) did you take the MV with a chronometer?
C) what kinds of limitations did you find in JBM?
D) did you dial in all of the atmospheric effects?
E) did you dial in all of the gun measurements?
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:29:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Got a chance today to shoot out to 650 yds and checked the JBM program against real data, and it's right on.  Thanks for the input!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 9:45:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Got a chance today to shoot out to 650 yds and checked the JBM program against real data, and it's right on.  Thanks for the input!
View Quote

Just remember, good in good out, shit in shit out and you should be good to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top