Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2016 3:09:04 PM EDT
Good afternoon guys. Went to the range today with a newly acquired Magnetospeed V2 that I got off of eBay. It looks immaculate and was advertised as working correctly. How we when I plug it in, I get the following error message:

"Bad bayo connection! Sensor 1 not reading"

Anyone ever see this? I tried both cables that come with the unit and got the same message. Haven't tried calling Magnetospeed yet as it's the weekend. I might try and find another cable like that around the house and see if the cables are bad. I'm thinking it's not the cables but the bayo itself. Thoughts??

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 5:37:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes, I have the muzzle in the blast zone properly as directed by the instructions. I even fired two rounds to see if it would work and it would not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:19:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Rob01:
What about the height of the bayonet to the bottom of the bore? Tested with the square rod.

View Quote

Correct, height tested and had excellent alignment as noted it should be in the instruction manual. I used the spacing setup in the manual for a 0.75" muzzle (which I have) and it aligned great. The error message displays whether the bayo is on the rifle or not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:38:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Your bayo is junk, time for a new one. Email MagnetoSpeed
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 7:59:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: md7989] [#6]
My thoughts as well considering I just bought a new auxiliary cord to try and get the same error message.

Do they have a lifetime warranty (or any warranty) and will they possibly negate it since I'm a second owner?

Personally I'm thinking about contacting eBay/PayPal and getting a refund from the seller as this product is completely non-functional (when it was advertised as properly working and "like new")...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:07:58 PM EDT
[#7]
return it..bayos are kinda pricey
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 8:38:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By peligro113:
return it..bayos are kinda pricey
View Quote

True, $160 for a new one through Magnetospeed. Luckily the seller has agreed to issue a refund/accept the return. I'll likely just turn around and buy the Magnetospeed Sporter...couldn't swallow $300+ for a new v3 and hoped this v2 would be awesome (only paid $195 for it). Oh well
Link Posted: 3/13/2020 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm getting the "Bad Bayo Connection!  Sensor 1 not reading" on my V3 then it goes to the normal screen.  Won't record shot velocities.  Pairing the V3 bayonet with a buddy's Sporter display worked fine, so it appears the bayo or the cable isn't the problem.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top