Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2022 8:04:50 AM EDT
I had to have this done to my accuracy international before AI started making dedicated 6.5 bolts. I have aLso have a SCAR 20 in 65 Creedmoor and want to avoid some of the problems others are having due to a larger than necessary firing pin hole.

Off the top of my head, I’ve never heard of the service being offered for anything other than both actions. Is there a particular engineering reason why?
Link Posted: 6/17/2022 11:54:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think there is a reason why it can't be done, but when you have a replaceable bolt that is a wear item on a semi auto vs a non wear item on a bolt gun, then it makes economic sense to simply replace the bolt.

NRA/CMP competition shooters with ARs will usually go two barrels worth of use out of a bolt before replacing it, but I think that's just out of an abundance of caution. I've see a fair number of lugs lost over the years with ARs, but never a lug lost on a bolt gun. I've also seen them break at the cam pin hole.

B
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top