Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2016 9:11:05 PM EDT
Several years ago I reloaded a bunch of .30-06 using the single stage press.  Since then I acquired a Lee Turret press and decided it was time to load up some more .30-06.  I installed the dies in the turret plate.  I went to set the initial bullet seating depth by using an original .30-06 ball cartridge to set the initial bullet seating depth.  However, I find that the cartridge won't clear the bottom of the bullet seating die.  If I raise the seating die high enough for the bullet to clear it, then it is too high and won't seat the bullet far enough into the case.  This was a surprise to me.  I can see on YouTube that people are using the Lee Turret press to load .30-06 and they don't seem to have this problem.  Am I overlooking something?  What am I missing?  Any ideas?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:18:57 PM EDT
[#1]
tip it
Link Posted: 4/20/2016 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Never mind.  Within minutes of posting my message, I got it all figured out.  Basically, i have to pull the cartridge out before I rotate the turret from the bullet seating die to the crimping die, then re-insert the cartridge and crimp it.  I also pulled out the center spindle, or whatever it is called, so that I rotate the turret by hand.  Anyway, between posting the original message and this reply, I loaded 88 cartridges.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top