Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2022 11:01:04 PM EDT
Hey guys.  Looking for some load data on a novel load

Peterson brass
198Gr. Warner VLD bullet
Ramshot powder
federal magnum primers
COAL 3.766

Not sure about the min max powder charge since this isnt a typical load.  Any help would be great.
Link Posted: 4/16/2022 10:01:39 PM EDT
[#1]
no idea on that powder, but i shot them with R25 and retumbo and started at 84g.  hard bolt lift and flat primer with retumbo so i stopped firing immediately.  with R25, i went up to around 87 or 88g.

i got some decent groups with them, but never found a low SD load.
Link Posted: 4/23/2022 9:46:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Ellenripley] [#2]

Never loaded it myself, but they do list some data for Ramshot LRT at the link below. No Magnum data

Based on your bullet, I'd be comfortable starting at the low end of the 200LRX bullet listed, since the Barnes bullets are typically longer than most and would probably be an "equivalent" size to base starting loads off of for your long VLDs.

https://ramshot.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/WesternPowdersHandloadingGuide8.0_WEB.pdf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top