Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2022 9:43:46 AM EDT
Anyone tried this TS powder? Any feedback?
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Following particually for the Grendel
Link Posted: 2/8/2022 3:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't even know 15.5 was a thing until placing an order the other day at PV.

I use RL15 for 77gr 5.56 and 175gr 308.  What's the advertised difference between 15 and 15.5?
Link Posted: 2/9/2022 5:36:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RegionRat] [#3]
The TS stands for Temp Stable, so the claim is that it is just slightly under (slower than) RE-15 and temp insensitive.

Some of it got out a few months back, but then it hasn’t shown up again. Only a few test reports, most of them positive.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 6:05:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JoeMal:
I didn't even know 15.5 was a thing until placing an order the other day at PV.

I use RL15 for 77gr 5.56 and 175gr 308.  What's the advertised difference between 15 and 15.5?
View Quote

@JoeMal

Back in late Sept. I got an alert from PV about Re15 so I ordered and paid for five pounds. Got a confirmation.

A week later I called to see about holding shipping for a week because I was going out of state... no problem they say.

Come back from my trip and a week later I get an e-mail they don't have my powder, I called and lady said they over sold... I would believe that had they not previously told me on the phone my order was ready to ship but holding it wasn't a problem.

Wasn't anything they could do but refund my money and the lady said I'll be placed on back order.

I guess I'm asking did you recently get some from PV? If so, and my BO wasn't honored, I'll be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 7:20:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Bowhntr6pt:

@JoeMal

Back in late Sept. I got an alert from PV about Re15 so I ordered and paid for five pounds. Got a confirmation.

A week later I called to see about holding shipping for a week because I was going out of state... no problem they say.

Come back from my trip and a week later I get an e-mail they don't have my powder, I called and lady said they over sold... I would believe that had they not previously told me on the phone my order was ready to ship but holding it wasn't a problem.

Wasn't anything they could do but refund my money and the lady said I'll be placed on back order.

I guess I'm asking did you recently get some from PV? If so, and my BO wasn't honored, I'll be pissed.
View Quote
Sorry for the misleading post.  My order from PV was not for RL15/RL15.5, it was for something else...but while I was browsing PV, I saw the 15.5

Sucks to hear about your backorder.  I think I've got 1.5 pounds of RL15 left and I'm clenching that to my chest lol
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Sorry for the misleading post.  My order from PV was not for RL15/RL15.5, it was for something else...but while I was browsing PV, I saw the 15.5

Sucks to hear about your backorder.  I think I've got 1.5 pounds of RL15 left and I'm clenching that to my chest lol
View Quote

LOL... thanks for clearing that up.

I like Re15 and have just under a pound left. I did manage to collect ten pounds of 8208 XBR so I'm not too bad off.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 9:25:00 PM EDT
[#7]

LOL... thanks for clearing that up.

I like Re15 and have just under a pound left. I did manage to collect ten pounds of 8208 XBR so I'm not too bad off.
View Quote
Been watching some of the teams product threads and people clamor over that stuff. I think I have a pound I tinkered with a 6.5G load. What are you using it for?
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 12:12:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Been watching some of the teams product threads and people clamor over that stuff. I think I have a pound I tinkered with a 6.5G load. What are you using it for?
View Quote

6.5 Grendel for now.
Link Posted: 2/13/2022 2:16:03 AM EDT
[#9]

6.5 Grendel for now.
View Quote
Gotcha. I came up with a decent load but CFE223 is (was) more available for me so I settled on that. It's good to have options though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top