Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2021 3:56:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: taymag]
I’ve strictly loaded 9mm for USPSA for a long time (with the occasional 300blk run), I’m getting into the 6.5 creedmoor long range game now that I’ve moved and have access to 1000 yard ranges for my new Bergara B14 HMR

Im going SRPs and it looks like CCI 450s are the go-to primers for 6.5CM, what’s the difference going to be with the BR4, #41 and most importantly (since I have probably 8k) the Remington BR 7 1/2? Loading with ELD-M

And just curious, Lapua brass is around 40cpr, what were cases going for before the chaos? And is that what I should wait on (seems like 9/10 people you ask answer Lapua)? Edit to add, roughly how many firing should I get?

Last thing, I obviously load 9mm on a progressive (LnL), ideally I assume most people have a completely different setup with a single stage, anyone load 6.5 on a progressive? I check my charges occasionally with 9mm, not sure why I couldn’t do the same but more frequently and just load on the LnL?

Any additional info wouldn’t hurt, help me waste money
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:50:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SpeyRod] [#1]
I load my srp Lapua brass with BR4’s. Think the 41’s have a heavier cup for use in semis. Someone with more experience can chime in on that.

Never used the 71/2’s.

Lapua is gtg and hasn’t really increased in price like others have. During the peak of the panic it was the most reasonable priced brass out there when you could find it. Loaded the Lapua brass in my semi and it got beat up by 3 loads. I now only use it in my bolt guns. The number of loadings will depend on how you use it and how hot your loads are. I would expect 5x without annealing. More if you do. More if your loads are lower pressure.

I don’t load on a progressive so can’t say.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 5:26:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By taymag:
I've strictly loaded 9mm for USPSA for a long time (with the occasional 300blk run), I'm getting into the 6.5 creedmoor long range game now that I've moved and have access to 1000 yard ranges for my new Bergara B14 HMR

Im going SRPs and it looks like CCI 450s are the go-to primers for 6.5CM, what's the difference going to be with the BR4, #41 and most importantly (since I have probably 8k) the Remington BR 7 1/2? Loading with ELD-M

And just curious, Lapua brass is around 40cpr, what were cases going for before the chaos? And is that what I should wait on (seems like 9/10 people you ask answer Lapua)? Edit to add, roughly how many firing should I get?

Last thing, I obviously load 9mm on a progressive (LnL), ideally I assume most people have a completely different setup with a single stage, anyone load 6.5 on a progressive? I check my charges occasionally with 9mm, not sure why I couldn't do the same but more frequently and just load on the LnL?

Any additional info wouldn't hurt, help me waste money
View Quote
I've only used Starline SRP brass with CCI 450s. I would've used Lapua if they were available when I bought these, but maybe next time.

No issues, shoots well.

I only have a progressive press (RCBS Pro 2000).  I use it to prime, but then load powder individually with RCBS Chargemaster.  I then seat on the press.

If we ever build our new house with a basement, I'll have a HUGE bench and at least a single stage will be added.  Mark VII, etc...  Sorry, I digress.
Link Posted: 12/9/2021 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/13/2021 5:02:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 308Sako] [#5]
Above advice is good, the Rem 7.5's are excellent primers, I'm jealous!  

As to the number of firings, well that's all about how hot you load and if you anneal.  I should point out that annealing is extremely easy to do.

For the best results at 1K you will also want to watch your concentricity.  Everything matters when reaching out that far.  

Here in Las Vegas my club offers steel to well over 1K and it is a tremendous challenge, and lot's of fun :-)

Good luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top