Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/16/2020 1:20:49 AM EDT
Old hot tub covers are large and will work for this use, if the bow or crossbow does not have too much penetration.  

On the other hand, they can be used to make redneck kayaks and trolling motor boats.
Link Posted: 11/15/2020 10:01:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JW] [#1]
The archery shop where I used to shoot had fine netting loosely draped above and behind the backstop ....worked very well .

@MikeSSS
Link Posted: 3/1/2022 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Horse stall mat. I get em at Tractor Supply for about forty bucks.  Half inch thick (maybe more than that) heavy duty rubber.  Cost about forty bucks.  Should stop anything from any bow made.  Probably crossbow bolts as well.  Only drawback is the weight.  I'd figure close to 100 pounds. I built a frame out of PVC pipe and it's more than paid for itself in potential lost arrows so far.
Link Posted: 3/24/2022 3:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Old gym mat will work as well, pulling broadheads out though is doable but sort of a pain in ass.  Bonus points if you can get a used one prior to them tossing them out.
Link Posted: 8/22/2022 8:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:
Horse stall mat. I get em at Tractor Supply for about forty bucks.  
View Quote

If your arrow goes into the mat, count on the insert and field point staying in the rubber!

Bill
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By bill3rail:

If your arrow goes into the mat, count on the insert and field point staying in the rubber!

Bill
View Quote
Has not been my experience.
Link Posted: 11/8/2022 7:08:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sc0tt] [#6]
Originally Posted By LastRites:
Has not been my experience.
View Quote

nor mine. I shot the mat 3 times on purpose when i got it, to make sure it would work. that arrow is still going strong.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top