Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2012 6:10:07 PM EDT
I've been looking at different products related to working/building arrows, and since I shoot carbon fiber arrows (26.5") I'd need to cut down 30 inch arrows, what's the best way to cut carbon fiber arrows
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:15:44 PM EDT
[#1]
You need to use a high speed arrow saw. Carbon arrows splinter easily. Lots of places will cut them for free if you purchase them there, or will charge a nominal fee. I think Bass Pro will cut them for $1 each.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 6:25:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You need to use a high speed arrow saw. Carbon arrows splinter easily. Lots of places will cut them for free if you purchase them there, or will charge a nominal fee. I think Bass Pro will cut them for $1 each.

How much does an arrow saw cost
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:09:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much does an arrow saw cost

New- $100-130. I think Apple has one for $109 and $129 with built in dust collection.
Some people make them out if a Dremel and some way to measure the arrow (wood channel or angle iron).
Other have made them out of small cheap chop saws like from harbor freight, but not recommended...
For just over $100 get a commercial one and have now worries. Key is a smooth square cut. Squaring tool is not a bad idea either... See G5 ASD.

Thanks Ed.

I'm sure I will have a lot of noob archery questions over the next few months, I'm glad you guys created this forum.
Link Posted: 1/2/2012 9:39:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 7:38:05 AM EDT
[#6]
you can also make your own with a sewing machine motor and a cut off wheel if you are a
DIY person . im using my old easton from the early 90's they last for years and pay for them self
over and over when you start to do your own arrows .

TS2
Link Posted: 1/8/2012 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top