Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2011 2:27:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shooterx10]
In Keith Garcia's Behind the Scenes video segment, what kind of airsoft pistol and AEG rifle was he using?  Also, what 22lr upper did he have on his AR?

Is it better to get a dedicated 22lr upper or just use a conversion bolt like the one from CMMG?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/11/2011 11:35:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: uscbigdawg1] [#1]
The pistol and targets are from BAM Airsoft.  They've done all the homework on getting the guns that work reliably and mirror what we're looking for in our sport.  Pretty sure that Keith was just dry firing his rifle during the interview although the guys at BAM Airsoft do have licensed JP airsoft rifles.

On a 22, I don't recall Keith ever using a 22 upper on his rifle (we shoot together on occasion) but I can recommend the stainless CMMG.  Recently picked it up for my wife's rifle and it runs like a champ.

For a 22 conversion on your pistol, there's only one way to go.  Tactical Solutions.

Rich

P.S.  Hi Will
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 1:49:18 AM EDT
[Last Edit: shooterx10] [#2]
HI Rich,

Good to hear from you!  Anyhow, looking at the Keith Garcia video again, at 43 seconds into it, Keith is holding an AR15 AEG with a JP Enterprises front end (including gas block) with a BAM airsoft sticker.  I didn't now that BAM was selling JP licensed AEG's, but I'll email Phil to inquire.

I got some of Phil's airsoft IPSC targets.  It's a lot of fun to practice in the garage with airsoft rifle, pistol, or shotgun, but takes work to down and clean up the used bb's.  

Here is a short video that I made a while ago:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v721/shooterx10/?action=view¤t=M15A4steel.mp4

Thanks for the tip on the CMMG conversion.  I've seen them for around $140 on gunbroker and will buy a kit in the near future.
Link Posted: 10/12/2011 2:08:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Make sure you get the stainless one and they work best in a 1:9 barrel from what I've found so far.

As for clean up, lay down a tarp and then you can pull them all up when you're done (see Keith's video).

Rich
Link Posted: 10/14/2011 2:18:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the interest in the training video. All the Airsoft products are indeed from BAM Airsoft. As Rich said they have done their homework and know what works. I just finished a training session with handgun and rifle and they both work great. The rifle is a JP airsoft gun, feels very good, not the same weight as my real gun but it has the same feel when I mount the gun. I think the real bonus is having the same optic on the airsoft and .22 conversion as my competition rifle. I move the scope back and forth between the two training guns. One big benefit is tgetting that first shot off quickly when driving the gun up and from target to target. I work on this a lot with the training guns and using the same optic is a huge benefit.

For the .22cal conversions, I use all Tatical Solutions gear. The stuff is very reliable and accurate. I put a fake can on the end of the rifle upper to add weight and lenght for realism. Both conversions are more accurate then I am. TacSol has great mags (Black Dog) which is probably the key to the relibility.

Have fun training,
Keith
Link Posted: 12/23/2011 7:42:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Can anyone recommend an airsoft shotgun to train with?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 9:28:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Well I've done some research over the past few days, and it looks like the closest thing to a competition S/A shotgun is the Maruzen M1100. It's a bit pricey, at $300. But It'll pay for itself in 10-15 training sessions depending on how much you shoot in a regular session.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top