Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/2/2018 8:49:38 AM EDT
I've been narrowing down cases for about a week now... looking to get a double rifle case since I plan on growing into it with my next build in a year or so.  Noticed that Condor and Voodoo have pretty similar construction and price (although I believe one of them gas removable/molle pouches OJ the front while the other is sewn in place).  Looked at the Lynx Defense double rifle case until I saw the price. Also took a look at Safariland and a couple others, but most of them seem to have the same setup.  I like the idea of having mag pouches so my kit can be organized.

Lately I've kinda been stuck on the Voodoo 42" that holds 6-12 AR mags, 8 pistol mags, 2 pistols, 2 long guns, and whatever else you can fit... only downside I'm seeing so far is maybe a lack of Molle (I like to customize), although it just may be the perfect amount and I'm just over thinking this.

This would end up being my all-purpose bag (competition/range bag and, if the situation dictates, my SHTF bag).  It would be treated well and taken care of. I just want to get the right bag, and this one seems to check most of the boxes for me, but I would like to see if anyone has any experience with this model.  Currently waiting for a response from Voodoo as to whether the zippers are YKK or not.
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:02:17 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Stryfe] [#1]
Watch for midway to have a sale on their double rifle case.
Did they actually discontinue them?
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:12:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: disparcher91] [#2]
The one that comes around on PSA with 5 free mags

ETA: my condor is the same set up, just shorter.  I have never filled it up, and may not be able to carry it if I did.

EtTA2:  the 3 external pouches are molle, and can be rearranged.

EtA3:  Condor 42"
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 9:35:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NoveskeFan] [#3]
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#4]
https://www.amazon.com/Rapdom-Tactical-Single-Rifle-Case/dp/B01H36GUGG?th=1

Amazon Product
  • Over all dimensions: 36"W x 12"H x 6"D
  • Total inside volume:962 cu in (15.7 L)
  • Material: 6.6 Cordura water resistant nylon (1000 Denier)

Link Posted: 4/3/2018 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the suggestions.  So far I'm still partial to the Voodoo 15-9648 (that holds 2 rifles, 2 pistols, 6+ AR mags, and 8 pistol mags).  Seems like a lot of the double rifle bags have pretty similar construction, except for that one Voodoo although the only thing that makes it different is the front pouches. But, so far, that seems to be the one. $125 though

I've resorted to Pinterest and Google Image searches to see if there's something out there I haven't seen yet. AliExpress has amazing prices on their stuff, Chinese knock-offs though. I'd love to keep my money stateside.  On a similar note, I bought a multicam "kangaroo" style pack off of AliExpress in 2013 (Thunder Tactical is the brand).  It's been my daily use pack since then, going on long hikes and walks, carrying tools (like 30-40 lbs of tools), etc.  So although I'd love to spend my money in the US I can't ignore AliExpress, half-price or better is kinda tempting, especially when it's made of the same materials and stitched solidly.

Again. Thanks for the responses. I'll be sure to post if I find something totally awesome.
Link Posted: 4/9/2018 6:46:16 AM EDT
[#6]
You might consider a double bag that will also hold a shotgun and not just two rifles.  I use a Safariland bag that will hold my 24" Benelli concealed.
Link Posted: 4/11/2018 6:49:35 AM EDT
[#7]
As per above, I would recommend the Safariland bags and in my case I got the 3-Gun bag ( SKU 4556 )

I have been shooting IPSC Open Rifle at an internatinal level for several years and have been on the Finnish IPSC Open Rifle national team during many seasons.

I received the rifle bag the day prior to me leaving for the IPSC Rifle World Shoot in Russia last June.

The bag was great overall, sturdy design and ample compartments for enough rifle related gear such as bipods, grips, cleaning & maintenance gear etc, for example for that 5 day / 30 stage match

Mags, ammo, drinks & food, extra clothing etc. went into a waterproof range bag.

Link Posted: 10/12/2021 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 10:51:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArGyLe64] [#9]
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RMFMS?tag=arfcom00-20

Simple, discreet, and fits under my bed.

ETA: I have no clue why my link won't work.

Bulldog Cases "Ultra Compact" AR-15 Discreet Carry Case
Link Posted: 10/12/2021 3:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Not a fan of multi-purpose rifle cases that try to hold everything.  I find it easier to have a case for each gun and then carry range supplies in a separate range bag.  Mags for specific guns go into that guns case pouches.  Ammo goes into a smaller ammo box that I use just for range trips.
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 4:56:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I got a VooDoo Tactical double rifle case for like $55 6 years ago.  It's got a ton of pouches and zippered pockets, a few MOLLE mounting points,
and it's been on every range trip since I've bought it with no signs of serious wear.  Nice interior padding too!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top