Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2016 9:12:17 PM EDT
Anyone use the Vortex Optics Strike Eagle Rifle Scope 30mm 1-6x24mm .5 MOA Adjustment Illuminated AR-BDC Reticle

I built my first AR and was looking at optics. I don't have the money right now for a $1000 dollar piece of glass like the Vortex Razor.

So... This Strike Eagle looks like a nice entry level optic costing around $325

Anyone use it? any thoughts on it?

Link Posted: 9/21/2016 9:59:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, have two of them. Not for 3 gun, but would recommend without hesitation , especially for the $
Link Posted: 9/21/2016 10:32:08 PM EDT
[#2]
It is OK for the money. Illumination is not quite bright enough for me (I live in AZ). Not much time behind it as it is just a backup.
Link Posted: 9/22/2016 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
For the price, they are hard to beat. You won't find any daylight bright scopes in that price range. Pretty much the best entry level scope around.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 9:19:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the comments. I went ahead and purchased one.

It should serve me well as a general purpose scope for plinking and maybe some local 3 gun matches if I ever decide to try it.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 8:31:11 AM EDT
[#5]
You won't be disappointed. There are some better scopes (higher end vortex), but you will pay more $$.

For the price, the Strike Eagle is very hard to beat.
Link Posted: 10/3/2016 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KeenansGarage:
You won't be disappointed. There are some better scopes (higher end vortex), but you will pay more $$.

View Quote

Got it :)

Link Posted: 10/3/2016 1:03:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Scarfinger68:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2hda07a.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/10o0lc4.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scarfinger68:
Originally Posted By KeenansGarage:

http://i64.tinypic.com/2hda07a.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/10o0lc4.jpg

Nice.  I like mine a lot
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 6:59:42 AM EDT
[#8]
OP you should do a review on it! Pro's, Cons' and such.
Link Posted: 1/26/2019 12:40:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: turfengineer] [#9]
View Quote
I’ve got one on my deer rifle.  I really like it for the $ and I thin you will too.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#10]

my son has one on his rig.

its fantastic for the $$
very good shooter.

spent the extra money on a good mount.
Link Posted: 7/25/2020 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#11]
I use a 1-8 Strike Eagle - Works great for me!
Link Posted: 10/18/2020 2:40:53 PM EDT
[#12]
I see alot of strike eagles in use, with happy shooters.  I like Primary Arms.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 4:25:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got one on my competition AR, although it's about to be replaced with an ACOG and RMR. It's very good for the price, but be advised the BDC does not work unless you are at 6 power. It's a rear focal plane scope.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 2:11:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: foxhoundivan] [#14]
I was just asking myself the same question recently. Ended up going for a slx 1-8 from Primary Arms. It being a first focal plane optic pushed it ahead of the strike eagle for me. That being said it did cost me $610 with rings, going to be sitting on my Beryl.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 8:21:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Would not recommend unless you are very income limited (I think I would still recommend a quality red dot over the Strike Eagle.) I competed with mine in AZ (2gun/3gun) and was frustrated with the poor eyebox, useless illumination, inaccurate BDC, and lower quality of the glass.

If you can, save up for a Viper PST or other higher tier piece of glass. I ended up snagging a refurbished Razor 1-6 with a proper mRad reticle (AA Optics has them occasionally) and it is a much better optic.

I get the price appeal, but especially for shooting sports where you aren’t shooting at hidden targets, I don’t think it’s worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top