Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2016 12:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AzulFalcon]
Hi everyone,

I'm getting back into (serious) 3 gun again, I'm looking to upgrade from a load two set up to a load 4 setup. Right now the two caddies I'm looking at closely are the taccom double deulin' deuces or the invictus practical 2.8's.

Taccom Double Deulin Deuces

Pros: Slightly less expensive ($121 for two after adding tek lok's), adjustable

Cons: Older design, based off of reviews doesn't look as smooth as the 2.8's

Invictus Practical 2.8:

Pros: Newer design, highly adjustable, come with tek lok's, based off of reviews are very smooth, strong

Cons: More expensive ($140 for two)

This is based off of my own research. I just wanted to pick the brains of the members here and see what you are running, if you have had any experiences good/bad with these products, or if you would recommend others.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/5/2016 11:32:17 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an Invictus Practical DeTurk vest.  I was happy to get the weight and bulk of caddies off of my belt, but some serious competitors are using belt mounted quad load caddies so it is really a preference thing.

I had some of the older Taccom caddies at one point and didn't care for them.  But he has upgraded and improved his design and many seem to like them a lot.

I can't imagine trying to shoot from some of the awkward crouched or prone positions with quad load caddies on my belt, I used to go prone on my AP Custom 4x4s and they were always rock solid but I have seen guys prone out on all manner of quad load caddies and come up missing half their shotgun shells.

If you are shooting 3-gun nation stuff that doesn't really matter, because it is a standing/moving drag race with fewer props and no long range rifle.  Different gear requirements for outlaw type matches.

Same kind of thing that finally pushed me towards a holster with retention.  Saw too many people go home because of a dropped pistol in a game where saving a tenth of a second on a pistol draw is of very marginal benefit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2016 9:04:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TACCOM3G] [#2]
ask your friends that shoot 3 gun......try out both if you can.

Tim
Link Posted: 5/8/2016 12:27:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Tim, I bought your stuff. It's off the chain, thanks for the great products.
Link Posted: 6/11/2016 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#4]
What did you go with? How do you like them?
Link Posted: 6/14/2016 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to use the AP Custom and a load-two vest.    I mainly got those because of the price.  I now have the Invictus Practical  2.8 and the DeTruck Vest - 8 x 24.  It was a great investment.  Shell stay secure.  Easier to load.  No cut fingers. Shells stay secure.   They are well worth the price.
Link Posted: 6/24/2016 9:11:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both, I feel the Taccom holds the shells a little better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top