Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/16/2012 3:00:11 AM EDT
I'm looking for holsters for competition, and there aren't a lot out there that fit my budget, and my gun.  Looking at a Fobus Paddle holster, and all I can find in stock locally anywere is the standard (not adjustable for cant like their ROTO version).  This standard holster has a slight rearward cant, which would break a 180 when the gun is holstered.  Is this legal for competition?

Fobus Paddle holster
Link Posted: 11/16/2012 4:29:51 AM EDT
[#1]
USPSA rules are the best guide - they allow the muzzle to point uprange up to 1m (as measured on the ground) during the draw stroke. Any more than that and you will get DQd for unsafe gunhandling as soon as you draw the gun for loading. The Fobus holster you linked to would be fine.

Most folks prefer a straight drop holster at the 3 o'clock position - see if you can find an Uncle Mikes in stock locally. Online shopping for a BladeTech or similar would be a better option unless you absolutely must have it this weekend.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:36:04 AM EDT
[#2]
You don't say for what pistol; check out the Blackhawk holsters too.  You can usually find the non-locking Serpa for the same or less than you can a Fobus.  Heck, even Wal-Mart is carrying them now.

ETA:  I just saw your other post, so I am assuming that you are looking to fit a P-07.  On the inexpensive side, you will have Fobus.  On the much better side, but more expensive side is the Blade-Tech.  I HIGHLY suggest that you save a few more pennies and get the Blade-Tech.  You really don't have a lot of choices with that pistol.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 11:48:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Not to be mean...but if you can't afford 50 to 70 bucks for a good quality holster, how can you afford to play the game?

I'd wait and save up for a Safariland or Blade-Tec or Comp Tac.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#4]
I've been looking at Blade-Tech, Comp-Tech, and Blackhawk, and CZ P-07 is not listed anywhere at this point.  The P-09 is coming out soon, which is basicly the same gun, with a longer barrel and bigger grip - possibly the selection will improve by then.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 3:36:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Trust me, Blade-Tech makes them.  CZCustom has them listed on their site.  Figure out which one you want, such as the SRB or DOH, and then call Blade-Tech.  They don't have it listed on their site for whatever reason.  They are fantastic people to deal with.

This thread on the CZ Forum also lists holsters for the P-07.  http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=33914.0

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top