Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2013 5:55:25 PM EDT
Anyone used these yet?  I'm curious to see how they compare to the Taccom Quaload (which is what I am using now).  My Quaload's need a bit of adjustment w/ a heat gun and I need to order another set of them to finish off my belt, but before I do, I wanted to get some input from anyone that has loaded from the APs and see if this would be a better option.  Just from the pictures I've seen, it looks like AP customs are a bit higher quality vs. the quaload, but again, I am basing this off of a picture of the AP's and not actually having one in my hands.

Nick
Link Posted: 8/12/2013 5:10:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm interested in knowing as well.  I just got good at loading.weak hand and now a guy I shoot with all the time is whooping me with load 2 and is not practicing quads.  So I'm looking for good loaders to pick up myself to start practicing.

Nick, I'm thinking the same as you though.  The APs look really nice and my.buddy bought those for the 2s and they are well built.  I think for the money the Taccom isn't bad and I might pick up some of those to save me some cash for ammo.
Link Posted: 8/13/2013 10:55:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Get the AP Customs stuff.  Yeah they might be a little more expensive but the cost/quality ratio is excellent.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 7:15:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Get the AP Customs stuff.  Yeah they might be a little more expensive but the cost/quality ratio is excellent.
View Quote

Have you used the AP customs quad load? Thoughts on it if you have.
Link Posted: 8/15/2013 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/17/2013 4:34:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fondled a prototype awhile back.  It's basically the same concept as the Carbon Arms.  Smash two dueces tight together and you get a quad.  Shells are spaced further apart than the TACCOM but its made out if billet aluminum which rocks hard.
View Quote

A guy I shoot with just ordered one of the APs.  I will take a look at it and see how it compares to the Taccom and report back.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#6]
I have one and have played with it. Ap is better quality and works great.
Link Posted: 8/22/2013 1:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I picked up 2 more this week and they are amazing. I even use them on my strong side to "load 2" I prefer the quads over the L2 gear.
Link Posted: 8/24/2013 7:24:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Have any pictures?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:51:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Id also like to see how people like the QL-4's .  Ive seen a lot of people rocking the L-2's but not much of the QL-4's (maybe because not a lot of people stock them?)
Link Posted: 12/14/2013 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]
A new guy here with more questions than answers.  First let me say that I think my short stout hands will always hold me back on the quad load thing BUT being a good American I am willing to throw a little money at the problem!!!  The AP 4x4 is coming slowly but is definitely doable  and an old RAM 6 round quad two type loader is actually starting to work also.  My only quad 4 style is not doing as well BUT no name calling since I am sure most of it, though not all, is my fault.  Grabbing from these seem more awkward than the upright shell configuration but they do also allow grabbing for a singles load stack style.  

Of the quad systems being advertised there are the ones that stack the shells as doubles on their side in addition to the ones talked about here, which stand them up vertically as two pairs.  The one big nod I can see going to the horizontal loaders is security.  These look like they would retain the shells much more securely during vigorous activity and the shell would be a lot less exposed to being banged into props, going to prone or etc.  The vertical stacks look to be the best for practical handling so I am going to order a pair of the AP QL-8s to play with, based on that.  My other thought, some one just recently suggested that I spend as more time practicing with the 4x4 than with quads.  He said being good with both would pay off regularly, do you guys agree or disagree?  Will the singles load become a dead skill now?  HMMM, just thoughts from a confused mind.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top