Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2012 1:58:11 PM EDT

Is anyone running the Loki Weapon Systems 3G upper? If so, what are your assessment ? I just ordered one. Is the barrel heavy or medium? Apparently the Carbon Fiber rail reduces weight by 12 oz over a similiar Aluminum rail. Thats quite a bit. What do you think of the Carbon rail ?

thank you for your input.

Ted
Link Posted: 5/6/2012 3:04:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the carbon fiber handgaurd that I bought from AP Customs.  I like it, it feels good and it's very light but durable.  Still waiting on a LOKI barrel.  Going on 7 weeks now.  I ordered the 18" double fluted stainless.
Link Posted: 5/7/2012 9:03:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I have AP Customs 15" dull finish.  With the mounting trunnion it weighs 6.5 oz.  I like it a lot.

Link Posted: 5/11/2012 4:51:14 AM EDT
[#3]
We had a Loki ( AP made) CF handguard installed on my wife's AR, one of the nicest made CF handguards I have seen, the fit and finish is excellent.  It is also sturdy, with very little flex.  You will save 6-8 oz over a comparable quality aluminum HG.  

Loki is a bit backed up at the moment, we have been waiting for the 18" barreled upper for 6 weeks, but all we have heard have been very positive.  It will be worth the wait.
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 12:21:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We had a Loki ( AP made) CF handguard installed on my wife's AR, one of the nicest made CF handguards I have seen, the fit and finish is excellent.  It is also sturdy, with very little flex.  You will save 6-8 oz over a comparable quality aluminum HG.  

Loki is a bit backed up at the moment, we have been waiting for the 18" barreled upper for 6 weeks, but all we have heard have been very positive.  It will be worth the wait.

What is the diameter of the Loki CF handguard?
Link Posted: 6/12/2012 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#5]
2in dia.  The CF is pretty thin, about 1/8"

Link Posted: 6/17/2012 4:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Is there any way to mount the modular rail sections to the CF handguard?
Link Posted: 6/18/2012 8:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes they can be mounted.  AP customs makes rail sections especially for this HG.  They are made in such a way that you don't have to remove the HG to mount them according to Aaron at AP.  They are a little pricey though.

Quoted:

Is there any way to mount the modular rail sections to the CF handguard?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top