Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/2/2012 6:51:42 PM EDT
I currently run a Bushmaster Carbine, 16" HBAR A3. I have upgraded her with a Rock River 2 Stage and a PRI MSTN compensator. I am wanting to upgrade. Is there a real difference between the DPMS vs the Stag? I'm comparing the two, and while I'd prefer the Geissele Trigger with the Stag, I don't care for the hand guard, barrel, comp and stock  that the Stag 3G comes with. So i was leaning towards the DPMS 3G1, But then someone pointed out I'd still have just a DPMS rifle. What are y'all's take? And Jesse, I know you are sponsored by Stag and shoot the Stag 3G and may be biased, but I'd really like to hear your input.
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 8:25:42 PM EDT
[#1]
well, a dpms is still a dpms, but a stag is still just a stag. Owning a stag wont get you into the afterhours party at Jesses room at Rockcastle, while beer and/or a hot wife will.Dont get too caught up in name.
DPMS is a solid rifle, and the stag is darn solid. See what it would take to make each the way you want it, and then balance it with the one you want on a desire basis. Its mostly your decision.
I will say that its nice to be able to look on the internet and see successful guys like Jesse rand Kalani run the gun that you can buy. DPMS does sponsor some good shooters, but theyre not as visible as Jesse "the mayor" and Kalani "all day" Laker .
Link Posted: 3/2/2012 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I much prefer Stag to DPMS.
Pat
Link Posted: 3/6/2012 6:46:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Cant speak to the DPMS, but I do own the Stag 3G and love it! It's more accurate than I will ever be and has the sweetest out of the box trigger I have ever squeezed.  The only downside is that the comp imparts a slight downward push on firing.  I will probably change it out to another brand of compensator, aside from that minor issue, this is a GREAT rifle!
Link Posted: 7/24/2012 9:26:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/25/2012 6:25:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Too busy at the after party????

Link Posted: 7/25/2012 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I much prefer Stag to DPMS.
Pat

Stag also supported my match by sending a $200 off coupon for a rifle. Thanks STAG!
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 3:44:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
 The only downside is that the comp imparts a slight downward push on firing.  I will probably change it out to another brand of compensator, aside from that minor issue, this is a GREAT rifle!

Ever think about porting a hole yourself? Or opening an existing hole (in the 6o'clock) position?  Every comp in the world is adjustable with a dremmel.  Did it with my Corvette
Link Posted: 8/27/2012 1:32:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, considered drilling a new hole in it....just gotta get access to a vice first...and someone who has a clue, me + Powertools = Not good.
Link Posted: 8/28/2012 3:16:25 AM EDT
[#9]
DoubleStar is also making a ready to go 3 Gun rifle now.

DoubleStar
Link Posted: 8/29/2012 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Yeah, considered drilling a new hole in it....just gotta get access to a vice first...and someone who has a clue, me + Powertools = Not good.

haha ok grab a dremmel and just open up an existing hole. it's pretty simple, you just have to have steady hands and confidence.  Just remember a very tiny amount of trimming actually goes a long way considering the difference in the direction of a few air particles will make a huge difference.
Link Posted: 10/3/2012 8:18:10 PM EDT
[#11]
I own a stag 3g as well and it is awsome. It is as accurate as my buddies stag 24 inch varmint but much lighter and the recoil is much less. I don't think you will be dissapointed with the 3g. If you are going to get just the upper check out ar15sales.com. They had my upper to me for under 700 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/15/2012 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#12]
So, has anyone shot both to be able to give a good comparison? I know it'll boil down to preference, but I'm just curious if one is superior or equally the same as the other when it comes to accuracy, dependability, and mobility.
Link Posted: 5/19/2013 4:21:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is post from Kalani Laker over on Enos that I thought was worth sharing.... One of the most straight forward reviews I have ever read...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138841&p=1562129
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top