Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2012 4:30:44 PM EDT
Im going to be setting aside the DD M4V5 this season and replace it with a purpose built AR. The DD ran fantastic all year long, but with the rail and other parts it is a straight up pig.

Here is what I have in my head.

Mega Machine billet lower (bought)

PRS stock (bought)

Looking at JP triggers, but still researching

JP 18'' polished barrel with matched bolt, stainless BCG, rifle length gas system, JP Standard-Profile Compensator

JP hand guard.

It will probably be wearing a burris 1-4x in a bobro mount. Its a relatively basic setup for tactical division, not a whole lot to go wrong really. Just let me know if you think that there is something I havent considered based off of the parts list.

Link Posted: 1/6/2012 8:15:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Im going to be setting aside the DD M4V5 this season and replace it with a purpose built AR. The DD ran fantastic all year long, but with the rail and other parts it is a straight up pig.

Here is what I have in my head.

Mega Machine billet lower (bought)

PRS stock (bought)

Looking at JP triggers, but still researching

JP 18'' polished barrel with matched bolt, stainless BCG, rifle length gas system, JP Standard-Profile Compensator

JP hand guard.

It will probably be wearing a burris 1-4x in a bobro mount. Its a relatively basic setup for tactical division, not a whole lot to go wrong really. Just let me know if you think that there is something I havent considered based off of the parts list.

JP triggers are fine but consider the Geisselle 3g trigger. I prefer it and its much easier to install. I would get a SJC Titan Comp over the JP one.  I would get a Troy 15 inch TRX handguard over the JP. But your parts are all fine. Mostly comes down to preferance.

Pat
Link Posted: 1/7/2012 12:49:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Since you'er asking.

Consider a carbon fiber forend.  CarbonArms or AP Custom or Lancer.  Extremes of cold and hot weather don't transfer to the same degree (pun intended) , keeping your hand happy.

Trigger... I have Geissele 3G and SSA, JP fit and JP ez fit and Jard.
Any new guns (and the one I shoot in competition) will wear a McCormick drop in.  Love it love it!  I run the straight trigger.

My "test" for a good trigger is the one that let's me shoot offhand the best.  If I can shoot it offhand, the rest (another pun)
is cake.

Comp, schomp. Pick one of the popular units (and in your case JP/Cooley) that fits well with the JP barrel and run it.

Fan boys for every make and model and I have my fav's too, but their ain't no best comp!

Good luck and if you had not already bought some parts I would have said....get the Stag 3G ready carbine and be done with it!

Patrick
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top