Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/17/2013 5:22:44 PM EDT
Well where to start? Im 14 and really want to get into 3-gun. I keep looking and looking. But cant really find one I want. And since about every gun manufacture company makes one it is really confusing. What makes a good 3-gun AR? Do you think Ar's will go down by next summer? What are some good Ar;s that are about 1500$ or less? Thanks for the help :)
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#1]
And as I get money it will get upgraded. I just want a good one that is pretty good.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 5:44:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Use the search function - there is a goldmine of good advice here, and even more at brianenos.com.
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 5:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks
ill look around. Just made a account last night so im still kind of a newb lol
Link Posted: 10/17/2013 6:17:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Under $1500, Stag 3G. best price you'll find for a good 3gun AR that is ready to go out of the box. All you will need to do is add some iron sights or an optic.
Link Posted: 10/20/2013 1:03:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
thanks
ill look around. Just made a account last night so im still kind of a newb lol
View Quote

I see you live in Kentucky.  Why don't you come out to RockCastle for the International Pro-Am and watch a match?  It's a small and lower key 'major' match but there will be a lot of shooters there who would let you try out their rifles, myself included.  

https://sites.google.com/site/i3gunmatch/

The best days to be out would be Thurs, Fri or Sat.

While there are lots of go-fast parts that many of us have added to our rifles, you don't have to break the bank to have a solid rifle.  I would urge you to be patient as supply of AR-15 rifles is still recovering from the recent panic, and prices and availability are still out of whack.
Link Posted: 10/21/2013 10:23:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks. I talked to a buddy on Facebook and he helped me some. I found an AR for 650$. That gives me some money for a good optic. But I might go and watch. Just gotta ask the folks. Thanks :)
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 3:41:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A good 3 Gun AR has the following

Match Trigger
Match Barrel
Compensator
15' Handguard

If your looking for the best bang for the buck go with the Stag Arms 3G.  You can barely build that gun yourself for $1459.  If you find a rifle like the Double Star 3G, Colt 3G or JP 15 that has all the bells and whistles that you want so you don't have to make changes later then buy that particular model.  No matter what you buy you will make changes eventually that is why I recommend the least expensive Stag 3G rifle to start with.
View Quote

15' handguard?  I new you were a big dude but I never realized your arms were that long.  Max I can use is a 15" handguard.
Link Posted: 10/29/2013 7:00:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I have to agree. I'm running an 11" Samson Rainier and cannot reach the end with support arm extended. All based on shooter and desired style.
Link Posted: 10/31/2013 8:57:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top