Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2012 8:04:51 PM EDT
I was reading the latest front sight a couple days ago.  The Inside USPSA section it says there are new rules.  Anyone have a list?
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 12:51:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#1]
Open is Open now (no limit on the quantity of shotgun ammo that can be loaded)
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 4:24:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 6:05:34 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have it in front of me but I think it said something about scoring also.
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 9:21:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/8/2012 10:16:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Found something

linky

The following 4 rules were passed as amendments to the current Provisional MG rules, and will be in effect at the 2012 MG Nationals.  These will also be the first MG Nationals using the Time Plus Scoring system.
Provisional Multi-gun Rule amendment in time for 2012 MG Nationals
To amend the provisional Multigun rules by removing the 10+1 round limit for Open Shotgun
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Frangible target amendment
To amend Shotgun rule 4.4.1.1 Frangible targets must break with a visible piece missing or separated from the original target to be counted for score
to say:

4.4.1.1. Frangible targets must break with a visible piece missing or separated from the original target to be counted for score. A fixed frangible target that falls from a hit on its holder will be considered a hit.
Commentary: This rule was amended in an attempt to save time and lessen the possibility of excessive re-shoots.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––-
MG Popper calibration
Amend rule 9.1.4 Knock down style targets (i.e. poppers) must fall to score. Poppers will be calibrated using the proper calibration gun and ammo for the discipline being used on such targets
to say:

9.1.4 Knock down style targets (i.e. poppers) must fall to score. Poppers will be calibrated using the designated handgun and the calibration ammunition. The shot must be fired from a minimum of 10 yards as specified in Appendix C1.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Multi-gun stage clearance procedures
Amend MG 8.3.6
In order to reduce stage clearance time, a Range Officer may be assigned to clear “abandoned” firearms at the Range Master’s discretion. After ensuring that the range is clear and no person is downrange of the abandoned firearm, the RO shall verify that the abandoned firearm is in a legal abandoned state (eg, properly positioned, and safety-on or empty as appropriate per MG 10.5.3). Upon verifying the condition, the RO may clear the firearm and transport the cleared firearm to a rack or other location behind the line. The Range Officer is responsible for the safe handling of the firearm during this process, including (but not limited to) muzzle direction.
To say:

8.3.6 In order to reduce stage clearance time, a Range Officer may be assigned to clear “abandoned” firearms, at the Range Master’s discretion, provided the stage design allows for this to be done in a way that allows the gun to be cleared in a safe direction. The RO shall verify that the abandoned firearm is in a legal abandoned state (eg, properly positioned, and safety-on or empty as appropriate per [10.5.3]). Upon verifying the condition, the RO may clear the firearm and transport the cleared firearm to a rack or other location behind the firing line. The Range Officer is responsible for the safe handling of the firearm during this process, including (but not limited to) muzzle direction. In such cases, the competitor’s delegate must be entitled to accompany the official responsible for clearing abandoned firearms. Delegates will verify the initial safe condition of the abandoned firearm(s). Competitors must be advised of this procedure during the stage briefing in order to select a delegate.
Commentary: This amendment was added to speed up stage clearance time to ensure matches will run on schedule.
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Link Posted: 5/3/2012 4:22:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pigfish73] [#6]
I understand the change to time plus scoring, but I'm not sure I understand all of the associated ramifications of such move (power factor, shotgun capacity for TO, FTE's/FTN's, etc). I got to visit some with Phil, Linda, and Chuck at Fallen Brethren, but they were pretty tight lipped about that and what other changes may be happening for MG. They were leaving there to attend the BOD meeting where they would determine if the 2012 MG Nats would use the new rules. Obviously, that motion passed. Have any of the MG Nats competitors commented on the rules? I haven't heard anything.

I hope that the USPSA MG Nats can become a true National event. It looked like there were only about 160 competitors at the match this year. (There were 320 in TO alone at TX MG!) I would like to see USPSA run regular IMGA rules (Like most other big 3 guns) and I would like to see the event held somewhere other than Las Vegas. (Somewhere more central USA). If USPSA does these things, then maybe the MG Nats will be on the 3GN tour.
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#7]
The new rules are Posted on the USPSA website now.  USPSA Members are encouraged to e-mail their comments, and views on the new set as well:
http://www.uspsa.org/uspsa-announcements-details.php?Proposed-Changes-To-MultiGun-Rules-82
Link Posted: 6/21/2012 1:18:17 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw on BE where some people were concerned over the length of the new rule book as compared to the rule set for IMGA. It looks to me like USPSA has tried to cover all the bases and not leave much to interpretation by the staff. I think this is ok since it will cut down on any confusion. Just my opinion since I have RO'ed at both USPSA and IMGA matches.

I would like to see the wording changed on rule 2.2.1 which covers the condition of moving about with a handgun. It states that a handgun may be in a holster, on a belt, attached to a competitor. This would not allow competitors to remove the entire outer belt (with handgun in holster) to go to the restroom. It would also not allow the holster (with handgun in it) to be removed from the belt (if the competitor had a ELS or TechLok/TMMS system). It should not be an issue to remove the holster with the gun in it because the competitor would have already shown clear prior to holstering the weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top