Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2017 3:34:31 PM EDT
Nothing gets me more excited stalking up close on a group of hogs and shooting a hog on the run.  This video has both!  After hiking several hundred yards through thick brush and praying with each step to not step on a Copperhead snake, I was finally able stalk up close enough to make a few good shots and take down a couple hogs..

Running Hog Headshot!

Thermal Running Hog Drop with the Armasight Predator 336 60HZ
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Dude, you were so excited that you didn't hotlink it.  Last one jumped like a dog following a rabbit.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 6:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I've never seen a hog hop like that!  Here's a link to the video..

Running Hog Headshot!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Nothing gets the blood going better than taking a hog down on the run!
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:03:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I can only imagine how intense that must be to take down a running hog!  I'm just getting into the sport and will be headed out to TX for my second hunt this year.
Link Posted: 8/21/2017 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Any tips on day time hunting?

I don't care for snakes but I can't stand ticks.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 9:08:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Really, for day time hunting, I would pick out a spot where you seen some hog activity and throw out a good smelly corn based bait.  Make sure that you are down wind from where you think that the hogs might come in from.  Here's a link to a video for my hog bait recipe..

Best hog bait recipe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top